Subject: General Tech | March 15, 2017 - 02:00 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: system shock 3, gaming, starbreeze
We have gone from no new System Shock to a pair of them, good news for fans of the series. The Kickstarter reboot we already know about, with many mixed opinions about the move to the Unreal Engine, however the recently announced System Shock 3 is a totally different beast. This sequel is being produced by Starbreeze and will not involve crowd sourcing. Having migrated from a space station to starship it will be interesting to see what location is chosen for the third; as it is in early development they did not let Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN in on the secret. We anxiously await examples of the art style and other details from Starbreeze and will let you know as they arrive.
"Starbreeze are putting $12 million towards System Shock 3 [official site] in a publishing deal, the Swedes announced today. Publishing deals are rarely exciting enough for us to mention but this means ..."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Setting Up A Better VR Space For SteamVR Linux Gaming @ Phoronix
- Best Half-Life 2 mods @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Sinclair Spectrum ZX Vega+ handheld hit by more delays @ HEXUS
- Quake Champions will be free-to-play @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- The Humble Jumbo Bundle 8
- Wot I Think: Epic’s VR shooter Robo Recall @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Syberia II is the latest 'On the House' EA Origin give away @ HEXUS
- The first few hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda are… well they aren’t good @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN