Introduction and Features
It has been several years since we looked at a true SFX form factor power supply, but today we are going to take a detailed look at one of SilverStone’s new SFX units, the SX650-G. As one of the original manufacturers of SFX power supplies, Silverstone Technology Co. is meeting demand with new products; continuing to expand their product offering with two new SFX units, the SX500-G and SX650-G.
(SX = SFX Form Factor, 650 = 650W, and G = 80 Plus Gold certified)
SilverStone has a long-standing reputation for providing a full line of high quality enclosures, power supplies, cooling components, and accessories for PC enthusiasts. With a continued focus on smaller physical size and support for small form-factor enthusiasts, SilverStone added the new SX-G power supplies to their SFX form factor series. There are now ten power supplies in SilverStone’s SFX Series, ranging in output capacity from 300W to 800W. Unlike the larger SX-L units which are 30mm (1.2”) longer than a standard SFX chassis, the SX650-G retains the original SFX dimensions.
(Courtesy of SilverStone)
The new SX650-G power supply features high efficiency (80 Plus Gold certified) and comes with all modular flat ribbon-style cables.
SilverStone SX650-G PSU Key Features:
• Small Form Factor (SFX) design
• 650W continuous power output
• Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) fan for quiet, reliable operation
• 80 Plus Gold certified for high efficiency
• Powerful single +12V rail with 54.2A capacity
• All-modular, flat ribbon-style cables
• High quality construction with all Japanese capacitors
• Strict ±3% voltage regulation and low AC ripple and noise
• Support for high-end GPUs with four PCI-E 8/6-pin connectors
• Safety Protections: OCP, OVP, UVP, SCP, OTP, and OPP