Subject: Systems | June 21, 2017 - 03:39 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: microsoft, surface, surface studio
Microsoft's Studio Surface is quite a change from the usual Studio notebooks, instead of a tiny screen this system is built into a 28" display with some seriously impressive specs. The display has a resolution of 4500x3000 which translates to 192ppi, perfect for getting the most detail out of your artistic creations; gaming may be troublesome as the top end model comes with a GTX 980M that has 4GB of GDDR5. The Surface Dial would also present control difficulty for gamers but for artists it offers a new way to control a wide variety of options in your software. Aso worth noting is that you can swivel the screen to an angle where it can be used as a sketching board, the stand will even support a reasonable amount of weight if you lean into your drawings. The Inquirer did have some areas in which they thought Microsoft could make some improvements but overall they were quite impressed. Check it out here.
"IT'S ALL CHANGE over at Microsoft with not one, but two entirely new product categories sporting the Surface name. The first is a traditional form-factored laptop with some fuzzy touchy-feely plush elements. The second, the Surface Studio is a powerful all-in-one with a giant display, stacks of power and one funky, optional knob."
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- CCL Athena Aura (i5/1070) System @ Kitguru
- MSI Trident 3 Arctic Mini VR Ready Gaming PC (i7 -7700 / GTX 1070) @ Kitguru
Subject: General Tech | October 27, 2016 - 12:19 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: z850, x50, video, tegra, switch, surface studio, Samsung, qualcomm, podcast, Optane, nvidia, Nintendo, microsoft, Intel, gtx 1050, Fanatec, evga, acer, 960 PRO, 5G
PC Perspective Podcast #422 - 10/27/16
Join us this week as we discuss the Samsung 960 Pro, Fanatec racing gear, an Acer UltraWide projector, Optane leaks, MS Surface Studio and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the iTunes Store (audio only)
- Google Play - Subscribe to our audio podcast directly through Google Play!
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader (audio only)
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Allyn Malventano, Josh Walrath, Jeremy Hellstrom
Program length: 1:47:11
- Join our spam list to get notified when we go live!
- Fragging Frogs VLAN 14
- Week in Review:
- Today’s episode is brought to you by Harry’s! Use code PCPER at checkout!
- News items of interest:
- 1:00:50 GTX 1050 and 1050Ti
- 1:05:30 Intel Optane (XPoint) First Gen Product Specifications Leaked
- 1:11:20 Microsoft Introduces Surface Studio AiO Desktop PC
- 1:21:45 Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Update Formally Announced
- 1:25:25 Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon X50 5G Modem
- 1:31:55 NVIDIA Tegra SoC powers new Nintendo Switch gaming system
- Hardware/Software Picks of the Week
- Ryan: Chewbacca Hoodie
- Jeremy: The Aimpad R5 is actually much cooler than I thought
- Josh: Solid for the price. Get on special!
- Allyn: Factorio