Introduction and Features
SilverStone’s Strider Titanium Series is designed for PC enthusiasts who are looking for a very high efficiency power supply, meeting the top-tier 80 Plus Titanium certification. Starting at 600W and going up to 1500W, the Strider Titanium Series includes six different models. The three lower output models (600W, 700W, and 800W) feature a compact chassis measuring only 150mm deep, while the three high output models (1100W, 1300W and 1500W) forgo the small enclosure and step up to a larger chassis, which measures 180mm deep. Another minor difference is the three lower output models use a 120mm fan while the three higher output models use a 140mm cooling fan.
All of the SilverStone Strider Titanium power supplies incorporate semi-fanless operation (up to 20% load) and come with fully modular cables. Each power supply is built using all Japanese made capacitors and is rated for 24/7 continuous operation at up to 50°C ambient temperature. In this review, we will be taking a detailed look at the Strider Titanium Series ST1300-TI power supply.
SilverStone Strider Titanium Series ST1300-TI Key Features:
• 1300W DC power output up to 50°C
• Top level efficiency with 80 Plus Titanium certification
• 24/7 Continuous power output
• 100% Modular cables
• Dual EPS 8-pin and eight PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors
• Intelligent semi-fanless operation
• Quiet 140mm cooling fan with ball bearings
• FF141 dust filter included
• Strict ±3% voltage regulation and low AC ripple
• Dedicated single +12V rail (108A/1296W)
• Universal AC input (90-264V) with Active PFC
• DC Output protections: UVP, OVP, OPP, SCP, OCP, and OTP
• Dimensions: 150mm (W) x 86mm (H) x 180mm (L)
• 5-Year warranty
• MSRP : $299.99 USD
Here is what SilverStone has to say about the high efficiency Strider Titanium Series PSUs: “The 80 PLUS Titanium certification represents the pinnacle of power supply efficiency with requirement of at least 90% conversion efficiency even at the very low 10% loading condition.
For SilverStone, achieving the highest efficiency is just one aspect to what makes for a technically advanced power supply. The available power also needs to be condensed into a physical package as small as possible so that users can freely utilize it in any case or system with minimal interference. For the Strider Titanium series power supplies, all models are among the smallest in size for their wattage levels.
As befitting of being in the Strider series, abundant enthusiasts features are included such as all Japanese capacitors, ±3% regulation, powerful single +12V rail, 24/7 continuous power output at 50°, and dual EPS 8pin with multiple PCI-E 8 / 6pin connectors support. For those looking to build the most efficient systems possible with multiple GPUs for gaming, folding, mining, scientific calculations, or machine learning, the 1100W / 1300W / 1500W Strider Titanium series power supplies are definitely the top choices.”
Introduction and Features
SilverStone is a veteran in the PC power supply industry and they continue to offer a full line of enclosures, power supplies, fans, coolers, and PC accessories. They have raised the bar in their Strider power supply series, which now includes three 80 Plus Titanium certified units, the ST60F-TI, ST70F-TI, and ST80F-TI. These three units are billed as being “the world’s smallest 80 Plus Titanium, full-modular ATX power supplies”; with a chassis that is only 150mm (5.9”) deep.
The 80 Plus Titanium efficiency standards were introduced in 2012 and are the most demanding specifications to date. In addition to raising the efficiency requirements at 20%, 50% and 100% loads, the Titanium standard adds a new requirement at 10%. This insures that a Titanium certified power supply will operate with at least 90% efficiency over the full range of loads and deliver up to 94% efficiency at a 50% load.
I’m also happy to report that SilverStone is now providing a 5-year warranty on both the Strider Titanium and Strider Platinum series power supplies; up from their standard 3-year warranty.
SilverStone ST60F-TI Power Supply Key Features:
• 80 Plus Titanium certified for super-high efficiency
• Compact design with a depth of 150mm for easy integration
• All-modular, flat ribbon-style cables
• 100% all Japanese made capacitors
• Strict ±3% voltage regulation and low AC ripple and noise
• Powerful single +12V rail
• Four PCI-E connectors for multiple GPU support
• Safety Protections: OCP, OTP, OPP, UVP, OVP, and SCP
• Quiet 120mm fan with Fluid Dynamic bearing
• 140mm dust filter
• 5-Year warranty