Introduction and Features
SilverStone has been busy this year expanding their power supply lineup. With a continued focus on smaller physical size and support for enthusiasts in the small form factor arena, SilverStone now offers seven power supplies in the SFX Series, ranging in output capacity from 300W to 700W. Earlier this year we looked at the SX700-LPT, which sits at high end of the SFX Series. In this review we are going to look at the two entry level models, the new ST30SF (V2.0) and the ST45SF (V3.0).
Both of the SilverStone SFX power supplies were designed for mainstream use in small form factor cases but they can also be used in place of a standard ATX power supply (in small enclosures) with the included adapter bracket. As entry level units they forgo some features like modular cables, Platinum or Gold efficiency certification, and fan-less operation. However, in addition to their compact size, the ST30SF and ST45SF incorporate a quiet 92mm fan (instead of the 80mm fans used in previous models), fixed cables, and come with 80 Plus Bronze efficiency certification.
SilverStone ST30SF & ST45SF PSU Key Features:
• Small Form Factor (SFX) design (63x125x100mm HxWxD)
• 300W or 450W continuous power output rated for 24/7 operation
• Very quiet with 92mm cooling fan
• 80 Plus Bronze certified for high efficiency
• Powerful single +12V rail operation
• Fixed cables
• Active power factor correction
• MSRP: ST30SF - $$49.99 USD
• MSRP: ST45SF - $69.99 USD
• 3-Year warranty