Subject: General Tech | July 6, 2017 - 10:40 AM | Alex Lustenberg
Tagged: video, Vega FE, starcraft, seasonic, ryzen pro, radeon, podcast, nvidia, Multi-Die, gtx 1060, galax
PC Perspective Podcast #457 - 07/6/17
Join us for Radeon Vega FE, NVIDIA Multi-Die, Ryzen Pro, and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the iTunes Store (audio only)
- Google Play - Subscribe to our audio podcast directly through Google Play!
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader (audio only)
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath
Peanut Gallery: Alex Lustenberg, Ken Addison
Subject: General Tech | June 29, 2017 - 12:43 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: amd, ryzen pro, EPYC
Official news about Ryzen Pro has finally arrived and The Tech Report was right on top of it. This is the first we have seen of the "3" parts, a Ryzen 3 Pro 1300 and Ryzen 3 Pro 1200, their four non-SMT cores clocked at a decent 3.5/3.7GHz and 3.1/3.4GHz respectively. That makes the Ryzen 3 Pro 1300 essentially the same chip as the Ryzen 5 Pro 1500 but with half the total cache and without multi-threading, theoretically reducing the price. Five of the six new parts have a TDP of 65W with only the top tier Ryzen 7 Pro 1700X hitting 95W, with its 8 cores, 16 threads operating at 3.5/3.7GHz.
The speeds and core counts are not the most important features of these chips however, it is the features they share with AMD's soon to arrive EPYC chips. AMD Secure Processor features, TPM 2.0 and DASH which offers features similar to Intel's vPro architecture. This one area in which AMD offers a broader choice of products than Intel whose Core i3 parts do not support enterprise features; at least not yet. Click the link above to check out more.
"AMD's Ryzen Pro platform blends business-class security and management features with the performance of the Zen architecture. We take an early look at how AMD plans to grapple with Intel in the battle for the standard corporate desktop."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- AMD's Ryzen Pro desktop line-up targets Intel's enterprise dominance @ The Inquirer
- Everything you need to know about the Petya, er, NotPetya nasty trashing PCs worldwide @ The Register
- Google Photos 3.0 is out now, with automatic sharing features @ Ars Technica
- See you in 2023 – Bitcoin exchange Coin.mx bigwig gets 66 months in the slammer @ The Register
- Amazon Will Offer Prime Video At Half-Price In All New Markets For Six More Months @ Slashdot
- Hot news! Combustible Galaxy Note 7 to return as 'Galaxy Note FE' @ The Register
- Let's Encrypt Hits New Milestone: Over 100,000,000 Certificates Issued @ Slashdot