Introduction and Case Exterior
The SilverStone Redline Series RL07 offers a stylish exterior with an interesting front panel design and a tempered glass side panel, and the interior is all business with a typically open layout for what should be an easy build. The solid front panel and quiet 140 mm rear exhaust fan suggest low noise levels, but how cool does this case keep the components in our test setup? We will explore both the build process and performance in this review.
"SilverStone’s Redline RL07 is a tower chassis with spectacular front panel design mated to a functional and practical internal structure. It has audacious, one of a kind asymmetrical styling that pays homage to earlier aggressive Redline series chassis launched in 2012 but elevates with details often only available on cases costing much more. On the inside, the RL07 has many modern features such as power supply / drive shroud, convenient tool-less drive trays, quick access dust filter and smart backside cable routing design. So it not only has highly flexible space for installing all popular core components, it also has incredible support for a myriad of cooling configurations. There are four total 120 / 140mm fan slots around the case with maximum radiator support of up to 360mm to meet the needs of PC enthusiasts of all levels."
- Material: Steel front panel, steel body, tempered glass side panel
- Motherboard: ATX ( up to 12" x 11") , Micro-ATX
- Expansion slots: 7
- Drive bays: 3.5" x3 (compatible with 2.5"), 2.5" x3
- Cooling system:
- Front: 3x 120 / 140mm fan slot
- Rear: 1x 120 / 140mm fan slot (1x 140mm exhaust PWM fan included)
- Radiator support:
- Front: 120mm x2, 240mm / 280mm / 360mm x1
- Rear: 120mm / 140mm x1
- CPU cooler: Up to 167mm
- Graphics card: Compatible up to 16.3" (415 mm) length, 6.57" (167 mm) width
- Power supply: ATX, up to 190 mm length
- Front I/O ports: USB 2.0 x2, USB 3.0 x2, 3.5 mm audio, mic
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 226 x 488 x 465 mm (8.9 x 19.21 x 18.31 inches)
- Weight: 8.2 kg
- SilverStone Redline RL07: $109.99, Amazon.com
When viewed from the front the RL07 looks pretty conventional, with a solid front panel that is common to most mid-tower cases these days (other than the high-airflow models of course), punctuated by the red line down the middle that frames the split design when viewed off-angle.