Introduction and Features
Sea Sonic Electronics Co., Ltd has been designing and building PC power supplies since 1981 and they are one of the most highly respected manufacturers in the world. Not only do they market power supplies under their own name but they are the OEM for numerous big name brands. One of their latest power supply offerings is the new PRIME Ultra Titanium Series, which currently includes four models: 650W, 750W, 850W and 1000W. Seasonic has tweaked their current PRIME Titanium lineup to create the new Ultra Series.
The PRIME Ultra Series power supplies incorporate top-notch components and have been designed to deliver the highest level of electrical performance. They feature Titanium level efficiency (80 Plus Organizations highest rating), fully modular cables, and they come backed by a 12-year warranty! We will be taking a detailed look at the new PRIME Ultra 850W Titanium power supply in this review, which Seasonic had shipped to us directly from amazon.com.
The PRIME Ultra Series builds upon the PRIME Titanium platform by delivering extremely tight voltage regulation on the three primary rails (+3.3V, +5V and +12V) and providing superior AC ripple and noise suppression with an extended hold-up time. They feature an new super-quiet, low-speed 135mm cooling fan with a Fluid Dynamic Bearing and come with Seasonic’s premium Hybrid Fan Control that offers fanless operation at low to mid power. The PRIME Ultra Series power supplies also include SATA 3.3 adapters with support for the “power disable” (PWDIS) feature of some newer, high-capacity HDD, a PSU tester, and flexible cables without the little built-in filter capacitors found on previous models.
Seasonic PRIME Ultra Titanium Series PSU Key Features:
• 1000W, 850W, 750W or 650W continuous DC output
• Ultra-high efficiency, 80 PLUS Titanium certified
• Micro-Tolerance Load Regulation (MTLR)
• Top-quality 135mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing fan
• Premium Hybrid Fan Control (allows fanless operation at low power)
• Superior AC ripple and noise suppression (under 20 mV)
• Extended Hold-up time (above 30 ms)
• Fully modular cabling design (without line capacitors)
• Multi-GPU technologies supported
• Gold-plated high-current terminals
• SATA 3.3 adapters (PWDIS)
• Included PSU tester supports quick and easy testing before installation
• Protections: OPP,OVP,UVP,SCP,OCP and OTP
• 12-Year Manufacturer’s warranty