Subject: Mobile | January 3, 2017 - 02:42 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: Predator 21 X, notebook, laptop, gaming, curved screen, CES 2017, CES, acer
The Predator 21 X was originally announced back in August, but today Acer is providing detailed specs, pricing and availability for the world's first curved-screen gaming notebook.
"As the world’s first notebook to offer a curved 21-inch IPS display (2560 x 1080 resolution with a 120Hz refresh rate), it delivers a truly immersive gaming experience, especially when combined with the notebook’s eye-tracking technology from Tobii. Taking PC gaming immersion to new depths, eye tracking lets gamers identify enemies, aim and take cover simply by gazing at objects on the screen in over 45 titles like Elite Dangerous, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and WATCH_DOGS 2. The curved screen also features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, ensuring smooth and sharp gameplay."
The specifications are as outlandish as one might expect from 21-inch curved-screen gaming laptop: dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphic cards in SLI, a 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7820HK processor (overclockable, no less), 64GB of DDR4-2400 memory, and up to four 512GB solid state drives in RAID 0, among other things.
Specifications from Acer:
- Display: 21” Wide-FHD (21:9) 2560 x 1080, 120GHz refresh rate, IPS, G-SNYC, 2000R curved screen
- CPU: 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7820HK (overclockable)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI with 16 GB GDDR5X VRAM
- Memory: 64GB of DDR4 2400MHz
- Storage 1: SSD (NVMe /PCI-e)
- Storage 2: SSD (NVMe/PCI-e)
- Storage 3: SSD (SATA)
- Storage 4: SSD (SATA)
- RAID 0 support for SATA / PCI-e SSDs
- Storage 5: 1TB 7200RPM hard disk drive
- 5-Fan cooling system
- 3 AeroBlade fans for CPU/GPUs
- Aerodynamic design airflow
- 9 heat pipes
- DustDefender + CoolBoost fan control
- Killer DoubleShotTM Pro
- 802.11ac with MU-MIMO (Killer WLAN 1535)
- Bluetooth 4.1
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN (Killer LAN E2500)
- HiFi quality 3-way sound (tweeter, squawker, woofer)
- Smart amplifier boost
- Dolby audio premium
- Acer TrueHarmony system
- 4 speakers + 2 subwoofers
- Webcam: 1280 x 720 resolution, 720p HD audio/video recording
- I/O Ports:
- USB 3.1 x 1, Type-C Gen 2: Thunderbolt 3 port
- USB 3.0 x3, USB 3.0 x1 with power-off charging
- HDMI x 1 (v2.0, supports 4K2K output)
- Display Port x2 (supports G-SYNC)
- SD Card reader (3.0)
- Mic-in x 1 / Headphone-out x 1
- Ethernet (RJ-45) port
- Kensington lock slot
- Keyboard and Touchpad:
- Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX switch
- Backlit Keyboard with RGB Color (16.7 million colors)
- Numeric keypad can be flipped over and used as a Precision Touchpad
- Additional Gaming Features:
- Tobii EyeX eye tracking
- Programmable keys
- Customizable maintenance panel
- Acer PredatorSense
- Xsplit Gamecaster
- OS: Windows 10
- Battery: 8-cell, 88W hrs
- Power: 330W x 2
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 22.36 x 12.38 x 3.27 inches / 568 x 314.5 x 83.25 mm
- Weight: 19.40 lbs / 8.8 kg
Going over the above specs it's clear that the Predator 21 X is not going to fall within most people's budget, but the actual number is still pretty staggering: Acer states that the Predator 21 X will be available in February, with prices starting at $8,999 in the USA.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at https://pcper.com/ces!
Subject: Systems, Mobile | August 31, 2016 - 10:33 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: 2560x1080, ips, Predator 21 X, notebook, laptop, gaming, curved, acer, kaby lake, GTX 1080, sli
Acer has announced "the world's first notebook with a curved screen", and this panel happens to be attached to a very high-end gaming laptop in the Predator 21 X.
In addition to the 2560x1080 curved 21-inch display, the new machine also offers Tobii eye-tracking technology, Intel 7th Generation "Kaby Lake" processors, and (last but not least) dual NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI.
"The Predator 21 X takes the flagship spot in Acer’s gaming notebook series and is advanced beyond anything on the market today. It’s the world’s first notebook to offer a curved 21-inch IPS display (2560 x 1080), and when combined with wide-angle viewing, it delivers a truly immersive gaming experience.
To bring gameplay immersion to the next level, the notebook also integrates Tobii eye-tracking technology for a new method of control that’s more intuitive and natural. Built-in eye-tracking hardware (infrared sensors and software) unlocks a completely new facet in gaming. By tracking a gamer’s eye with software, the notebook introduces new interactions like aiming, identifying enemies and taking cover simply by gazing at objects on the screen. Eye tracking also enhances the experience by providing infinite views whilst navigating treacherous paths and roads in a game."
Other features of the Predator 21 X include a keyboard with Cherry MX key switches, a unique design for the numeric keypad "that allows it to be flipped over and turned into a Precision Touchpad", a 5-fan cooling system, and a 4-speaker, dual-subwoofer premium sound system.
Pricing and availability have not been revealed.