Introduction and Features
Seasonic was one of the first manufacturers to offer a fanless PC power supply and they just keep on getting better! In their relentless pursuit to continuously improve their products, Seasonic has recently upgraded the Fanless 400/460/520 units from 80Plus Gold to 80Plus Platinum status while delivering even better performance and backed by a 7-year warranty. We will be taking a detailed look at the all-modular Platinum-460 Fanless power supply in this review.
Seasonic Platinum Series Fanless 460W Power Supply
80Plus Platinum The Platinum Series Fanless 400W, 460W, and 520W power supplies are certified in accordance to the 80PLUS organization's highest standard, offering the newest technology and innovation for performance and energy savings with up to 92% efficiency and a true power factor of greater than 0.9 PF.
Seasonic Patented DC Connector Panel with Integrated Voltage Regulation Module The Seasonic Platinum Fanless power supplies feature an integrated DC connector panel with onboard VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) that enables not only near perfect DC-to-DC conversion with reduction of current loss/impedance and increase of efficiency but also a fully modular DC cabling that enables maximum flexibility of integration and forward compatibility.
Full Modular Design (DC to DC) Seasonic’s Patented Fully Modular Design offers ease of installation while minimizing voltage drops and impedance and greatly maximizes efficiency and cooling to enhance overall performance and reliability.
Seasonic Platinum Series Fanless PSU Key Features:
• 80Plus Platinum certified super high efficiency (up to 92%)
• Fanless operation (0dBA)
• 7-Year manufacturer's warranty
• Fully Modular Cable design with flat ribbon-style cables
• Seasonic DC Connector Panel with integrated VRMs
• DC-to-DC Converter design
• Tight voltage regulation (±2%)
• Multi-GPU technology support
• Conductive polymer aluminum solid capacitors
• High reliability 105°C Japanese made electrolytic capacitors
• Ultra Ventilation honeycomb structure
• Dual sided PCB layout
• High capacity +12V output
• High current Gold plated terminals with Easy Swap connectors
• Active PFC (0.99 PF typical) with Universal AC input