Subject: Motherboards | November 3, 2011 - 08:25 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: p67 b3, asus, P8P67 EVO Rev 3.0
If you are looking to build a low cost machine using the P67 chipset you could do worse than choosing the ASUS P8P67 EVO Rev 3.0 board. Three PCI-Express x16 slots, a pair of PCI-Express x1 slots, and 2 PCI slots flesh out the board and ASUS has designed the layout in such a way that even with a graphics card in the PCIe 16x slot you will still be able to use both PCIe 1x slots. Surprising for a sub-$200 board you get a MemOK button and an EPU switch for low power operation, features that are much more common on a higher end board. [H]ard|OCP paired it with an Intel 2500K and were very impressed with the maturity this chipset displayed, great overclocking, rock solid stability and a very nice component layout all worked together to win a Silver Award.
"Through the P8P67 EVO, ASUS brings a board to the table that raises the bar on its other offerings. Not only does this motherboard perform like a champ, it is packed to the gills with features and integrated functionalities. At less than $165 after MIR, it shows to be a solid value."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS Rampage IV Extreme @ OC3D
- Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard Preview @ eTeknix
- ASUS Rampage III Black Edition X58 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- ASUS P9X79 Pro @ OC3D
- ASUS X79 Motherboard Preview @ Techgage
- EVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard Review @ Ninjalane
- MSI Z68A-GD80 Revision G3 Review @ OCC
- Upgrading From Intel P55 w/ Lynnfield to Intel Z68 w/ Sandy Bridge @ Legit Reviews
- BIOS Option Of The Week - Split Lock Operations @ TechARP
- MSI 990FXA-GD80 @ iXBT Labs
- ASUS M5A97 EVO, ASUS M5A99X EVO @ iXBT Labs
- ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional @ Tweaktown
Subject: Editorial, General Tech, Motherboards | April 25, 2011 - 07:19 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: p67 b3, maximus iv extreme, giveaway, contest, asus
As you can no doubt tell, PC Perspective got a HUGE and much needed facelift recently to what we are internally calling "PC Perspective v4.0". I know there are still some kinks to work out and we are actively addressing any feedback from our readers in this comment thread.
But we want to celebrate the launch of the new site in style!! Some of our site sponsors have very generously offered up some prizes for us to give out throughout the coming days...
The sixth prize is truly a killer motherboard, the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme P67 B3!
This motherboard from ASUS has just about anything an enthusiast could ask for including:
- ROG Connect: Plug and Overclock - Tweak it the hardcore way!
- ROG iDirect : Tune your PC from your iPhone or iPad now!
- RC Bluetooth: Smashes through all the barriers of conventional overclocking!
- Extreme Engine Digi+: Smashes through all the barriers of conventional overclocking!
- USB BIOS Flashback: Refresh the BIOS can never be that easy
How can you win this wonderful piece of engineering that currently sells for more than $360???
Couldn't be easier: post a comment in this post thanking ASUS for its sponsorship of PC Perspective as well as any ideas you have for the NEXT super-motherboard. What other features would you like to see from ASUS?
You should probably have a registered account or at least be sure you include your email address in the appropriate field so we can contact you!
We will pick the winners soon and move on to the next hardware that finds its way to PC Perspective offices. Good luck and thanks for reading!!