Subject: General Tech | May 3, 2013 - 12:38 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: micron, PCIe SSD, P420m, 25nm, mlc
Soon to be available in 350GB, 700GB and 1.4TB capacities, the Micron P420m PCIe SSD will be in a half-height and half-length form factor perfect for use in racks. DigiTimes mentions it will use a custom ASIC controller from Micron but does not specify the model. As will it will use 25nm MLC flash and XPERT, which is Micron's eXtended Performance and Enhanced Reliability Technology which should guarantee a decent lifespan for your storage. Production will not start until June so it will be a while before we finally see performance results.
"The new Micron P420m combines consistent performance with the inherent power efficiency of an all-flash system to deliver improved economics for enterprise data centers. The drive accelerates performance of today's demanding data center applications, including online transaction processing (OLTP), data warehousing and virtualization, Micron said."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Research explodes myth that older programmers are obsolete @ The Register
- Microsoft preparing second-generation Surface @ DigiTimes
- Intel appoints Brian Krzanich as CEO @ The Inquirer
- AMD says IOMMU v2.5 is key for Linux HSA support @ The Inquirer
- (UK) Government forces benefits claimants to use Windows XP and IE6 @ The Inquirer
- Sony SRS-BTX500 Review @ TechReviewSource
- Windows 8 – an unmitigated Microsoft disaster @ Kitguru
- Picture this: Kodak could get out of bankruptcy as early as July @ The Register
- Component of the Month: Op Amps @ MAKE:Blog
- An ode to the Kindle Paperwhite @ The Tech Report
- Legendary Internet Tech Pricing Mistakes and their (a)moral Implications @ Tweaktown
- USB Auto Update Guide @ OCC
- Lehman Brothers sues Intel over a billion dollar deal @ The Register
- TSMC reportedly to grab 100% of AP orders for 2014 model iPhone @ The Register
- ModSynergy 10-Year Celebration Contest!
- Noctua Joint Giveaway - NH-D14/NH-U14S/NH-U12S Up For Grabs Globally @ NikKTech