Introduction and Features
NZXT recently introduced the E Series line of digital power supplies which is being offered in three sizes: 500W, 650W and 850W. The E Series power supplies are all modular, support 80 Plus Gold efficiency certification, and come backed by a 10-year warranty. We will be taking a detailed look at the NZXT E850 PSU in this review.
One of the more unique features offered by the NZXT E Series digital power supplies is support for NZXT’s CAM desktop monitoring and control software. This allows the end user to monitor various power supply parameters (voltages, power, temperature, etc., by rail) and provides control over current limit set points and fan speed profiles. An onboard DSP digital interface connects the E Series power supply to the PC via a USB link to the motherboard.
NZXT partnered with Seasonic as the OEM for the E Series; one of the most respected manufacturers in the industry. So as you might expect the NZXT E Series power supplies incorporate high-quality components like all Japanese made electrolytic capacitors 105°C and a 120mm FDB (Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan).
The E Series power supplies are currently entering retail channels and should be available from your favorite online retailer by the end of July 2018. The MSRPs for the three E Series power supplies are:
• NZXT E500 - $119.99 USD
• NZXT E650 - $129.99 USD
• NZXT E850 - $149.99 USD
NZXT E Series PSU Key Features:
• 500W, 650W, and 850W continuous DC output at up to 50°C
• Digital interface supports NZXT CAM monitoring and control software
• 10-Year Warranty and NZXT Service and Support
• 80 PLUS Gold certified, at least 90% efficiency under 50% load
• Fully modular cables for easy installation
• Fan-less mode for silent operation at low power
• Quiet 120mm fan with FDB for long life and quiet operation
• High quality components including all Japanese electrolytic capacitors 105°C
• Compact chassis measures only 150mm (5.9”) deep
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Safety protections: OPP, OVP, UVP, OCP, OTP and SCP