Intro and NNEF 1.0 Finalization
SIGGRAPH 2018 is a huge computer graphics expo that occurs in a seemingly random host city around North America. (Asia has a sister event, called SIGGRAPH Asia, which likewise shuffles around.) In the last twenty years, the North American SIGGRAPH seems to like Los Angeles, which hosted the event nine times over that period, but Vancouver won out this year. As you would expect, the maintainers of OpenGL and Vulkan are there, and they have a lot to talk about.
- NNEF 1.0 has been finalized and released!
- The first public demo of OpenXR is available and on the show floor.
- glTF Texture Transmission Extension is being discussed.
- OpenCL Ecosystem Roadmap is being discussed.
- Khronos Educators Program has launched.
I will go through each of these points. Feel free to skip around between the sections that interest you!