Subject: General Tech | January 10, 2017 - 05:34 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Nintendo, NES Classic, hack
The newly released Nintendo NES Classic shipped with 30 classic old games baked into its retrotacular ROMs. It has now been hacked to be able to play any old game ROM you happen to be able to get your hands on, though of course you will have to make space as the storage capacity of this console is quite limited. There are several caveats to this of course, ROMs are called read only for a reason and rooting around in them can lead to unintended and possibly permanent consequences. There is also the source of your ROM to be considered, they tend to come from sources which could be considered slightly less than legitimate. If you are still interested take a peek over at The Inquirer.
"It was Russian retro gaming community GBX and a modder called Madmonkey that cracked the rebooted console, and it was Reddit users that seized on the opportunity, to give the hack a go."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- You can still update to Windows 10 for free with Media Creation Tool @ Guru of 3D
- CES2017: Which Internet of Thing is Best Internet of Thing? @ Hack a Day
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 Insider Build brings green BSOD, adds blue filter anyway @ The Inquirer
- Trello, hello, hello: Todo list biz gobbled by Atlassian for $425m @ The Register
- VNC server library gets security fix @ The Register
- Improved battery capacity? Sounds like my cup of tea @ Nanotechweb
- Is! Yahoo! dead?! Why! web! biz! will! rename! to! Altaba! – the! truth! @ The Register
- Scientists Predict Star Collision Visible To The Naked Eye In 2022 @ Slashdot
Podcast #424 - AMD Radeon Pro GPUs, Corsair Carbide Air 740 Review, MSI Gaming Notebook Overview, VRMark, and more!
Subject: General Tech | November 10, 2016 - 07:22 PM | Allyn Malventano
Tagged: VRMark, VR, video, Red Alert 2, radeon pro, podcast, nvidia, notebook, NES Classic, nasa, msi, Mate 9, Leica, laptop, Kirin 960, gaming, DeepMind, carbide air 740
PC Perspective Podcast #424 - 11/10/16
Join us this week as we discuss new AMD Radeon Pro GPUs, Corsair Carbide Air 740 Review, MSI Gaming Notebook Overview, VRMark, and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the iTunes Store (audio only)
- Google Play - Subscribe to our audio podcast directly through Google Play!
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader (audio only)
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Allyn Malventano, Josh Walrath, and Jeremy Hellstrom
Program length: 1:09:34
Week in Review:
News items of interest:
Hardware/Software Picks of the Week