Introduction and First Impressions
The Portal isn't a new case by any means, but it's still a unique mini-ITX offering from BitFenix that blends an unusual design with an easy build process thanks to a sliding "dual-frame" design for unfettered component access. It offers a compact footprint while still supporting a full-length graphics card, and the aluminum exterior provides light weight and a high-end appearance.
Our review sample includes a top window to showcase the graphics card, and between the white finish and black trim and stand this case really stands out. How well did it perform? Read on to find out!
- Chassis Type: ITX Chassis
- Colors: Black or White
- Materials: Aluminum, SECC Steel, ABS, Transparent acrylic
- Motherboard: Mini-ITX
- CPU Cooler: Up to 125mm Height
- Graphic Card Length: Up to 300mm
- Power Supply: SFX Form Factor
- Storage Capacity:
- 3.5" HDD x2
- 2.5" HDD 1+2
- Cooling Capacity
- (Front) 120mm x 1 (Included)
- (Rear) 80mm x 1 (Included)
- Radiator Capacity (Front): Up to 120mm
- Front I/O ports: USB 3.0 x2, 3.5 mm Audio
- Dimensions with stand (WxHxD): 247 x 395 x 411 mm (9.72 x 15.55 x 16.18 inches)
- Weight 5.81 kg (12.81 lbs)
- BitFenix Portal: $99.99, Amazon.com
The Portal doesn't look like your typical mini-tower mITX case, but there is just enough room for a full system inside.