Subject: Motherboards | August 15, 2016 - 10:49 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: X99A WORKSTATION, workstation, socket 2011-3, msi, motherboard, Military Class 5, Intel X99, ECC
MSI’s new X99A WORKSTATION motherboard offers what the company calls “extreme QA testing” to go along with the “industries higher quality components” in a motherboard that doesn’t scrimp on features, either. The ATX motherboard supports ECC Registered DIMMs (with a supported Xeon processor), has dual Intel NICs onboard (with teaming support), and offers Steel Armor PCI-E and DDR4 slots, among other features.
“Engineered to cater even the most demanding professional. By using industries’ highest quality components, with an unmatched R&D design and extreme QA testing, the WORKSTATION motherboards guarantee the best in performance, stability and reliability.
Packed with features, including optimizations for NVIDIA QUADRO graphics cards and industry leading storage solutions, the WORKSTATION motherboard is the perfect multi-tasking powerhouse for demanding productivity applications.”
Features from MSI:
- Supports New Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition for LGA 2011-3 socket.
- DDR4 Steel Armor with Best signal stability. Supports ECC Registered memory.
- MULTI-GPU with Steel Armor: Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports Nvidia Quadro SLI.
- Maximized high speed storage support: Turbo M.2 32Gb/s + Turbo U.2 32Gb/s + SATA-E 10Gb/s
- USB 3.1 Gen2 2X FASTER: USB 3.1 Gen2 offers performance twice as fast as a regular USB 3.0 connection.
- Military Class 5: The latest evolution in high quality components featuring the brand new Titanium Chokes.
- Dual Intel LAN with Teaming: higher networking performance and stability.
- Audio Boost 3: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality
- Guard-Pro: Improved Protection and Power Efficiency
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Overvoltage Protection:Prevent Unforeseen Damage
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning brand new Click BIOS 5 with high resolution scalable font
The MSI X99A WORKSTATION motherboard is not yet listed on Newegg, but the listing is active (though temporarily out of stock) on Amazon with a $389.99 price tag. As to supported processors, that part of the source link currently offers no information, though MSI states "The X99A WORKSTATION supports the latest Intel processors out of the box, both Broadwell-E and XEON based models".