Subject: Networking | February 19, 2016 - 12:37 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: wireless router, wi-fi, router, mu-mimo, MAX-STREAM AC1900, linksys, EA8500, EA7500, 802.11ac, 4x4, 3x3
Linksys has announced availability of a new MU-MIMO wireless router, and the EA7500 features 3x3 802.11ac Wi-Fi along with 4x Gigabit LAN ports.
“The Linksys MAX-STREAM AC1900 features MU-MIMO, the latest advance toward uninterrupted, simultaneous Wi-Fi connections. Devices such as HD streaming media players, 4K TVs, tablets, and game consoles use a lot of bandwidth. But with MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output) technology, the MAX-STREAM AC1900 sends advanced Wi-Fi to multiple devices at the same time and same speed. Your whole family can play, stream, and work at once, without experiencing lag or buffering - at up to 2x the speed of a non-MU-MIMO router.”
The specs include:
- Wi-Fi Technology: AC1900 MU-MIMO Dual-band Gigabit, 600+1300 Mbps
- Wi-Fi Speed: AC1900 (N600 + AC1300)
- Wi-Fi Bands: 2.4 and 5 GHz (simultaneous dual band)
- Power Antennas: 3x external, dual-band, detachable antennas
- Operation Modes: Wireless Router, Access Point, Wired Bridge, Wireless Bridge
- Processor: 1.4 GHz dual-core
- Number of Ethernet Ports: 4x Gigabit LAN ports, 1x Gigabit WAN port
- Other Ports: 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Storage File System Support: FAT, NTFS, HFS+
Retail pricing is $199.99, placing it $50 below the larger 4x4 MU-MIMO EA8500 router ($249.99). If you’re looking to upgrade your router to take advantage of MU-MIMO technology (the benefits of which we covered in our review of the Killer Wireless-AC 1535), this EA7500 provides a new, more affordable option.
Full press release after the break.