Subject: Cases and Cooling | March 28, 2019 - 07:49 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: cooler master, nr series, NR600, MasterBox NR400, tempered glass
A few short weeks ago Sebastian posted a quick look at Cooler Master's new NR series of cases, starting with the NR600 and NR400. TechPowerUp received these two cases for review and posted them both for you to peruse at your leisure. The NR600 is a brobdingnagian 478x209x473mm (18.8x8.21x18.6") while the NR400 is a lilliputian 411x210x411mm (16.2x8.3x16.2"), relatively speaking at least. They both carry the same heritage, indeed the picture below could be either case, the difference is in the carrying capacity and the price.
Whether you choose the ~$60 NR400 or the ~$70 NR600 you still get a solid case with a tempered glass side panel as well as a nice clean looking system.
"The Cooler Master NR series aims to combine form and function in a streamlined look with a good material mix. It actually achieves this balance quite well considering its affordable price tag, sturdy build quality, and simple but useful feature set."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Thermaltake V200 TG RGB Mid Tower Review @ NikKTech
- Aerocool Tor Pro RGB Full Tower Review @ NikKTech
- Enermax Liqtech II 360 @ Modders-Inc
Subject: Cases and Cooling | March 19, 2019 - 03:35 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: tempered glass, mesh, MasterBox NR600, MasterBox NR400, enclosure, cooler master, chassis, case, airflow
Cooler Master has launched a pair of new cases today with the MasterBox NR400 and the MasterBox NR600. These budget-friendly cases offer a minimalist approach with clean lines and no flashy lighting effects, and should offer good airflow with their full mesh front panels.
The Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 is an ATX mid-tower
The MasterBox NR400 is the smaller of the two cases, supporting mini ITX and micro ATX motherboards, with the larger MasterBox NR600 offering support for standard ATX motherboards.
Cooler Master provides this list of features for these two new NR series cases:
- Minimalistic Mesh Design - Elegant design elements are applied to mesh for optimal thermal performance.
- Optimal Thermal Performance – The full mesh front panel and ventilated top panel provide a high potential for thermal performance.
- Flush Tempered Glass Side Panel – The tempered glass side panel, fastened by thumbscrews on the rear panel, keeps the surface completely flush.
- Headset Jack – The single 4 pole headset jack features both audio and microphone capabilities simultaneously so separate jacks are not needed.
- Graphics Card Support Up to 346mm (NR400) / 410mm (NR600) – Generous clearance space is provided to support the latest graphics cards.
- Cable Management – High quality, longer length rubber grommets paired with generous clearance behind the motherboard offers ample room for cable management.
"Thermal performance is at the core of the NR Series, with the combination of two pre-installed fans for intake and exhaust and the fine mesh front panel. Generous support for radiator mounting and unrestricted ventilation on the top and front panel ensure that even the most demanding components are efficiently cooled while the two USB 3.1 gen 1 ports at the top of the case provide ample connectivity for everyday use."
The Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 is a smaller mATX design
The MasterBox NR400 has an MSRP of $59.99, with the NR600 at $69.99. Both cases are available for pre-sale today, though no listings have yet found their way to Amazon or Newegg at time of writing.