Introduction, Features and Specifications
Cooler Master has a long standing and well respected reputation for delivering cases, power supplies, cooling products, and peripherals to the PC enthusiast market. They recently added the MasterBox 5 Series to their formidable case lineup, which includes three models: Black with side window, White with side window, and Black without a side window. The front bezel is also available with or without support for up to two 5.25” external drive bays. The MasterBox 5 fits into Cooler Master’s mid-tower case lineup, which includes nine other product lines and over seventy mid-tower cases in various sizes and colors!
Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Case
The MasterBox 5 Series incorporates a straightforward design with numerous internal cutouts on the motherboard tray to allow for easy cable routing and flexible drive mounting. The case can accommodate larger, high-end components like tall CPU coolers, extended length graphic cards, and/or liquid cooling systems. The MasterBox 5 case can mount four different sizes of motherboards, ranging from mini-ITX to Extended-ATX and comes with two very quiet 120mm cooling fans preinstalled. Our review sample included a basic configuration of two internal 3.5” HDD bays, one SSD bracket, but no 5.25” external drive bays.
Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Case Key Features:
• Mid-Tower ATX enclosure (LxWxH, 500x220x475mm, 19.7x8.7x18.7”)
• Flexible mounting options for SSDs and HDDs
• Supports E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX motherboards
• Easily removed dust filters on front and bottom panels
• Two included case fans (120mm intake and 120mm exhaust)
• Large acrylic side window
• Included shroud covers PSU and cabling for a clean look
• (2) USB 3.0, mic and headphone jacks on the top I/O panel
• Two internal 3.5” HDD / 2.5” SSD trays and one SSD bracket
• Up to 410mm (16.1”) for long graphic cards
• Up to 167mm (6.5”) of space for tall CPU coolers
• Price: $79.99 USD
Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 28, 2016 - 01:57 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: cooler master, MasterBox 5
The Cooler Master MasterBox 5 is not a small case, at 450x220x440mm it will fit up to eATX motherboards, radiators of up to 280mm on the front, or 360mm with an adapter. The lower price point means that there is a lack of grommets, however the empty spaces in the backplate allow you a lot of flexibility for cable management and watercooling paths. The size will also allow you to install any GPU or CPU cooler on the market, not to mention making installation of your system easier. You can see Modders Inc's full review here.
"Cooler Master's current chassis line prioritize function and its design aim is to provide users with the flexibility to make any system they want inside. As part of Cooler Master's massive streamlining process beginning from last year, the simplified look is a distillation of what a Cooler Master case is at its core."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5 @ Kitguru
- Thermaltake CORE P5 Open Air Mid Tower Case @ Modders-Inc
- Raidmax Narwhal Midi Tower Review @ NikKTech
- Alphacool Eisbaer 240 @ techPowerUp