Subject: Graphics Cards | January 11, 2019 - 04:35 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: video cards, Vega VII, Vega, Refresh, radeon, Mark Papermaster, graphics, gpus, cto, amd, 7nm
AMD CTO Mark Papermaster spoke with The Street in a video interview published yesterday, where he made it clear that we can indeed expect a new Radeon lineup this year. “It’s like what we do every year,” he said, “we’ll round out the whole roadmap”.
Part of this refresh has already been announced, of course, as Papermaster noted, “we’re really excited to start on the high end” (speaking about the Radeon VII) and he concluded with the promise that “you’ll see the announcements over the course of the year as we refresh across our Radeon roadmap”. It was not mentioned if the refreshed lineup will include 7 nm parts derived from the Vega VII shown at CES, but it seems reasonable to assume that we haven’t seen the last of Vega 2 in 2019.
Subject: General Tech | February 14, 2012 - 12:14 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: amd, Mark Papermaster, fad, Financial Analyst Day, Rory Read
If you haven't had a chance to read through The Tech Report's breakdown of AMD's Financial Analyst Day and the speech that the new CEO Rory Read gave. Rory replaced long time CEO Dirk Meyer at the helm of AMD after the large shake up AMD underwent late in 2011 and this was one of his first chances to describe his vision for AMD and the market in 2012. He spend a fair amount of time on low power processors and ultramobile form factors, describing his vision of AMD outflanking Intel at that market segment. With a history of lower pricing and recent low power processor families, he sees Brazos as a much better alternative than Intel's Ultrabook and especially the anemic Atom line. He also discussed ARM, not only as a possible future competitor for what used to be be AMD and Intel's exclusive turf as well as possible future competition for AMD's planned SoC products. Read on for more.
"AMD has a new management team and a new direction. They recently shared their vision for the company's future, and we were there, listening and then chatting with new CTO Mark Papermaster. Read on for our report."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Google Wallet falls open after casual hack @ The Register
- RIM extends its free Playbook offer @ The Inquirer
- Ultrabook prices to drop 20-30% in early March to April @ DigiTimes
- AMD to release six Trinity chips by October @ The Inquirer
- Intel, Nvidia to showcase latest technologies at MWC 2012 @ DigiTimes
- HP previews ProLiant Gen8 servers @ The Register
- Two interesting demos at AMD FAD 2012 @ SemiAccurate
- GK104 pops up in the wild @ SemiAccurate
- Toddy Smartcloth Screen Cleaner @ TechwareLabs
- Trendnet TPL-307E2K Powerline Adapter kit @ Rbmods
- VMware's Virtual GPU Driver Is Running Fast @ Phoronix
- easyCover Nikon D90 Camera Case @ TechwareLabs
- 7.8GHz AMD LN2 Overclocking at GIGABYTE Extreme OC Workshop @ Tweaktown
- Win a Steelseries Kana Mouse plus a Qck Mouse Pad @ Funky Kit
- Win two 8GB Kits of G.Skill Low Profile Extreme DDR3 ARES Memory! @ Kitguru