Subject: General Tech | June 6, 2018 - 02:15 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Intel, display, low wattage, Low Power Display Technology, computex 2018
Intel is not just showing off powerful chips which require a 1HP cooler, they are also demonstrating new kit requiring very low power. Their Low Power Display Technology reduces the power consumed by your screen by about 50%, assuming it is powered by Intel graphics. The demonstration was conducted on a Dell XPS 13 and has extended the battery life to 24 hours, with other models capable of reaching 28 hours.
"Intel today staged its annual keynote at Taiwan’s Computex tech-fest and revealed a new “Low Power Display Technology” that the company said can halve the power consumption of a laptop’s screen."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Microsoft Sinks Data Centre Off Orkney To Test Energy Efficiency @ Slashdot
- BlackBerry Key2 specs leak in full ahead of imminent launch @ The Inquirer
- TSMC's founder retires amid 'challenges from various fronts' @ Nikkei Asian Review
- Loose .zips sink chips: How poisoned archives can hack your computer @ The Register
- Enter for a chance to win an 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8086k Limited Edition processor @ Intel