Subject: General Tech | January 31, 2018 - 02:15 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: ea, battlefield, lootboxes, dice
EA mentioned a new Battlefield game in passing, during a presentation in which they described how delaying BioWare's Anthem to early 2019 is not a delay. To make things even more unclear they replied to a question about lootboxes by describing "a need to tailor monetisation and content additions to each game" and not wanting to "bifurcate the community". That second comment seems to refer to the paid expansion DLC which EA has historically released for Battlefield games and implies we may not see that model used in this mysterious new, totally not announced, game. Pop by Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN for more prognostication.
"Will it be set in the past, near-past, present, near-future, or future? Battlefield 5? Bad Company 3? Hardline 2? 1944? 2143? Hut hut! It’s all a big mystery for now. Assuming EA follow their traditional Battlefield behaviour, they’ll likely formally announce the game in May or June then release it in mid-to-late October."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The Banner Saga 3 due in summer, earlier than expected @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Celeste review: With amazing twists, this 2D game reaches great heights @ Ars Technica
- Space Viking lovers rejoice: The Endless Space 2 – Vaulters expansion is out now @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Epic Games to close down its Paragon F2P MOBA game @ HEXUS
- ‘ave you heard? Vintage RPG remake Avernum 3 released, with free demo too @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Humble Rockstar Bundle/A>
- Stellaris’s Apocalypse DLC will blow you away on Feb 22 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN