A Low-Cost Air Cooler for Intel and AMD
Scythe’s Katana 5 is a low-cost CPU air cooler that retails for less than $30, offers compatibility with Intel and AMD processors, and has a small footprint that won’t interfere with memory modules. Can this ultra-compact tower design and single 92mm fan cope with our test platform’s toasty Core i7-7700K? Let’s find out!
"The 5th generation of KATANA cooler, it has asymmetric design offering unlimited compatibility. Upgraded with E.C.M.S II mounting system and new Kaze Flex 92mm fan ensure simple installation and good thermal performance."
Katana 5 Specifications:
- Model Number: SCKTN-5000
- Intel: LGA 775, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366
- AMD: Socket AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, AM4, FM1, FM2, FM2+
- Dimensions: 105 x 104 x 135 mm / 4.13 x 4.09 x 5.31 inches
- Overall Weight: 560 g / 19.75 oz (including fan)
- Material of Base Plate: Nickel-plated copper 38 x 38 mm
- Fan Specifications
- Dimensions: 92 x 92 x 26 mm / 3.62 x 3.62 x 1.02 inch
- Air Flow: 11.46 - 83.04 m³/h = 6.75 - 48.878 CFM
- Fan Speed: 300 - 2,300 rpm (regulated via PWM)
- Static Pressure: 7.35～22.46 Pa / 0.75～2.29 mmH2O
Pricing: $28.45 USD list (returns to stock in USA this month)