Subject: General Tech | May 10, 2018 - 04:35 PM | Alex Lustenberg
Tagged: velocity micro, qualcomm, Portal, Onyx Boox, nvidia, Netflix, microsoft, linux, K63, Intel, hyperx, google, evga, corsair, coolermaster, ChromeOS, bitfenix, arm, amd, 4k
PC Perspective Podcast #499 - 05/10/18
Join us this week for discussion on Onyx Boox, a slick BitFenix case, and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the iTunes Store (audio only)
- Google Play - Subscribe to our audio podcast directly through Google Play!
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader (audio only)
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Allyn Malventano, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath, Ken Addison,
Peanut Gallery: Alex Lustenberg
Program length: 1:01:13
Podcast topics of discussion:
Week in Review:
News items of interest:
0:27:55 AMD and the 4K secret
Picks of the Week:
Bringing PC Gaming to the Couch
PC gaming lives at the cutting edge, but let’s face it, sometimes it’s nice to kick back on the couch to enjoy a game. Not long ago, we were stuck with controllers or draping long wires across our floors, but as technology has advanced, those compromises are becoming a thing of the past. Today, we’re looking at the latest combo from Corsair with the K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and their custom-fit Lapboard.
Are the days of balancing keyboards on our legs and mousing from couch cushions finally behind us? Let’s find out.
- MSRP: $159.99 (Amazon.com)
- Keyboard Compatibility: Corsair K63 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard
- Cushion: Full length memory foam
- Mouse Pad: Soft surface, replaceable
- Dimensions (Mouse Pad): 10.44” (L) x 8.26” (W) x 0.05” (H)
- Dimensions (Lapboard): 26.4” (L) x 10.9” (W) x 2.1” (H)
- Accessories: x2 spare retention clips, x2 spare retention hooks
- Weight: 4.07lbs (without keyboard)
- Warranty: Two years
K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard:
- Key Switches: Cherry MX Red
- Key Lifespan: 50 Million Actuations
- Layout: Tenkeyless, 87 Keys
- Wired Connectivity: USB 3.0 or USB 3.1 Type-A
- Wireless Connectivity: Ultra-fast 1ms 2.4GHz or Bluetooth® 4.2 + LE
- Battery: Lithium Ion (Battery Charging Charges via USB to computer)
- Battery Life: Up to 15 hours at normal brightness, 25 hours (low brightness), 75 hours no backlighting
- Report Rate: 1000Hz
- Keyboard Rollover: Full Key (NKRO) with 100% Anti-Ghosting
- Illumination: Ice Blue LED
- Media Controls: Yes, Dedicated
- Macro Keys: No
- USB Pass-through: No
- Adjustable Height: Yes
- Weight: 2.4lbs (1.09kg)
- Warranty: Two years
Corsair Gaming K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Starting with the keyboard, the K63 comes in the traditional black and yellow packaging of Corsair products. The highlight here is definitely the wireless connectivity with rapid 1ms response time. We also see the usual callout to Cherry MX style keys, which are well known for their high quality standard. Interestingly, the K63 Wireless is only available in linear-style Cherry MX Red at this time.
Taking it out of the box, it’s clear that Corsair hasn’t skimped on materials compared to their other keyboards. The K63 is remarkably similar to the larger, wired K68 we reviewed here, minus the RGB backlighting, dust, and spill resistance. Apart from being wireless, this variant is also tenkeyless, which means it lacks the full number pad. As a result, we also find some of our media controls shifted to the left side of the board. It’s heavy, coming in at just under two-and-a-half pounds and offers very little flex thanks to the steel mounting plate under the keys.
Subject: General Tech | May 7, 2018 - 01:33 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: corsair, K63, wireless keyboard, Dark Core RGB SE, wireless mouse, mm1000, lapboard, Qi
The Tech Report combined four related Corsair products together for a review, as they may all curl up on your lap together. The K63 wireless keyboard you see below sports Cherry Red switches and several of the function keys have uses specific to HTPC and Android TV to ensure you can stay put on your couch. TR recommends turning it off between uses as the sleep mode is not very effective at reducing power draw. The Dark Core RGB SE mouse is also wireless; charging via Qi as opposed to using replaceable batteries and it too comes with the recommendation for owners to turn it off when not in use.
Tying these together is the MM1000 mouse pad, which is where you charge your mouse or compatible device, as it is a Qi charging station. There is a charging spot on the mat as well as a plug for a puck if you need the space on the mouse mat or have multiple devices to charge. All of these combine on the K63 Wireless Lapboard to form a perfect excuse not to get up from the couch.
"Corsair's K63 Wireless keyboard, Dark Core RGB SE mouse, MM1000 mouse pad, and K63 Wireless Gaming Lapboard promise a seamless transition from gaming at a desk to gaming in the living room. We took these peripherals from point A to point B and back again to see just how they unplug and play."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Tt eSPORTS NEMESIS Switch Optical RGB Gaming Mouse Review @ NikKTech
- Razer Abyssus Essential @ Kitguru
- HyperX ALLOY Elite RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review @ NikKTech
- ACGAM AG6X Mechanical Keyboard @ TechPowerUp
- AIZO RETRO Classic Typewriter Backlit Mechanical Keyboard Review @ NikKTech
Subject: General Tech | January 9, 2018 - 07:19 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: MX Red, mechanical, keyboard, key switches, K63, gaming, corsair, Cherry MX, bluetooth, 2.4GHz, CES 2018, CES, wireless
Corsair continues the expansion of their peripheral portfolio at CES, and the focus here is wireless. The new products include a new wireless keyboard and mouse (Corsair's first wireless mouse) along with a Qi wireless charging mousepad and new lap board.
K63 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
First up is the K63 keyboard, a wireless TKL design with a trio of connection options. In addition to Corsair's 2.4 GHz connection which offers 1 ms latency, there is also the option of connecting via Bluetooth 4.2 (with a latency of 7.5 ms) or use a standard wired connection via USB (which also charges the keyboard).
The K63 keyboard has Cherry MX Red key switches (no option for other colors, currently), individual backlighting, and battery life that ranges from 15 hours of continuous use with default backlighting (default brightness is 66%), up to a whopping 75 hours of continuous use without backlight. AES 128-bit encryption is also supported, and for gamers who do not want the additional latency this adds (total of 1.08 ms), encryption can be toggled on and off via software.
DARK CORE RGB Wireless Mouse
Corsair's first wireless mouse offers the same three connectivity options as the K63 keyboard, with 2.4 GHz or BT 4.2 wireless in addition to USB, and there is an SE version of the mouse that also supports the Qi wireless standard with its integrated charging coil, and that is complimented by the MM1000 Qi wireless charging mousepad.
Not only did Corsair announce the new keyboard and mouse, but also the K63 Lapboard for your slick new wireless peripherals. It's a lightweight design that features memory foam padding and a built-in wrist rest, and the mouse pad is removable for cleaning/replacement.
All of these new wireless peripherals and accessories are available now, with pricing as follows:
- Dark Core RGB Mouse: $79.99
- Dark Core RGB SE Mouse: $89.99
- MM1000 Qi Wireless Charging Mousepad: $79.99
- K63 Wireless Keyboard: $109.99
- K63 Wireless Gaming Lapboard: $59.99
- K63 Wireless Gaming Keyboard/Lapboard Combo: $159.99
Subject: General Tech | March 16, 2017 - 01:30 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: K63, corsair, mechanical keyboard, input, CUE, cherry mx red
Corsair have released a new mechanical keyboard for those aching for something new to type on. The K63 has an MSRP of $80 and comes with Cherry MX Red switches to go with the red back lighting. They chose to leave the numpad off of this model but did include media buttons at the top as well as a Windows key lock to prevent you from accidentally hiding the game you were playing. Read the full PR below the post.
FREMONT, CA –March 16th - CORSAIR, a world leader in enthusiast memory, PC components and high-performance gaming hardware today announced the new K63 mechanical gaming keyboard. Continuing the CORSAIR legacy of top-quality, high-performance gaming keyboards, the K63 combines tenkeyless design, precision CHERRY MX Red mechanical keyswitches, a full complement of media keys and per-key red LED illumination. What’s more, K63 offers all this at a price that puts mechanical performance within reach of gamers wanting to step up their game to the next level. The result is a perfect combination of mechanical precision, advanced gaming features and a space-saving design that makes it ideal for compact desktops or gamers on-the-go.
Packing the best of CORSAIR keyboards into a new compact size, the K63 boasts a host of features ready to match the most demanding games. Beneath its sleek exterior and gold-contact CHERRY MX Red key switches, per-key red LED backlighting vibrantly illuminates each key. With the power of CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE) software, every key’s lighting can be controlled individually, allowing for virtually unlimited lighting customization and control. CUE software also allows for near endless programmability, with every key individually reprogrammable with alternative commands, custom macros or dynamic lighting effects.
Dedicated volume and multimedia controls located at the top of the keyboard offer easy access to audio adjustments in-game, while dedicated Windows Key Lock and brightness adjustment buttons allow gamers to keep distractions to a minimum at crucial moments. Precision and accuracy are nothing without control, and the K63 delivers when it matters most. 100% Anti-ghosting with full key rollover ensures that every press of the keyboard is registered, no matter how many keys are pressed simultaneously, or how fast you press them.
CORSAIR K63 Specifications
- 100% CHERRY MX Red mechanical keyswitches: Gold-contact CHERRY MX mechanical gaming keyswitches deliver the ultimate performance and competitive advantage.
- Per-key red LED backlighting and large font keycaps: Brilliant red LED backlighting enhances the experience with dynamic and virtually unlimited lighting adjustability.
- Compact, tenkeyless design: Great for travel, and you’ll have more room for your mouse.
- Dedicated volume and multimedia controls: Control to adjust media on-the-fly, without interrupting your game.
- 100% Anti-ghosting with full key rollover: No matter how fast your in-game actions are, your keystrokes always register the way you intended.
- The power of CUE: Fully programmable with CUE to assign macros to any key and create dynamic lighting effects.
- Windows Key Lock mode: Stay focused and prevent accidental Windows and Context Menu key presses.
Availability, Warranty and Pricing
The CORSAIR K63 is available immediately from the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized retailers, and distributors and is backed by a two-year warranty and the CORSAIR worldwide customer support network.