Subject: Cases and Cooling, Memory | August 3, 2015 - 08:10 PM | Scott Michaud
Tagged: corsair, dd4, ddr3l, memory, PSU, hydro, h100, H100i GTX, H110, H110i GTX
Skylake is coming up, with rumors pointing to a release at Gamescom in Germany, which is August 5th through August 9th. Beyond seeing the retail packaging, we are beginning to see to companies open up about how their products relate to the new architecture and chipset.
Corsair put up a blog post a few days ago to explain how their memory, water coolers, and power supplies interact with Skylake and Z170. On the PSU side, nothing has changed since Haswell. In terms for memory, DDR3L is supported with Skylake under certain motherboards, but users should look to DDR4.
None of the above should be new information.
What might be new information, though, is that Skylake supports existing LGA-1150 cooler mounts. This means that the Corsair Hydro series of sealed CPU liquid coolers will support Skylake without modification. This is where Corsair's blog stops but, knowing Intel's typical release structure, this likely means that the story will not change for Kaby Lake or Cannonlake, either. These three architectures are expected to use the same socket, which should mean the cooler is the same too.
So your aftermarket cooler should have quite a bit of legs, even with the stock mounts.
Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 1, 2015 - 07:30 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: liquid CPU cooler, Hydro Series, H110i GTX, corsair, computex 2015, computex, AIO, 280mm
Corsair has introduced their newest in a long line of all-in-one liquid CPU coolers, and the 280mm H110i GTX (not be confused with the prior H110i GT) has a new high-efficiency cooling block for improved cooling performance according to Corsair.
Corsair has posted a video overview of the new H110i GTX:
Specifications from Corsair include:
- 280mm dual-fan radiator: more surface area for superior cooling performance
- Improved coldplate and pump design: better efficiency gives you lower temperatures with less noise
- Dual SP140L PWM fans: better high-static pressure air delivery and customizable speed
- Built-in Corsair Link software control: monitor CPU and coolant temperature, adjust fan speed, and customize lighting directly from the desktop
- Support modern desktop CPUs: Support for Intel LGA 115x, 1366, 2011 and AMD AM2, AM3, FM1, FM2
- 5-year limited warranty
The Hydro Series H110i GTX will carry an MSRP of $139.99 and will be available in July.