Subject: General Tech | August 3, 2018 - 03:09 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: rumours, nvidia, GV104, gtx 1180
Stare deeply at the PCB picture, which purports to be of a GTX 1180. The layout implies many things, such as the amount of GDDR we are likely to see; with 16GB seeming more likely than 8GB. The golden SLI fingers have a different design from previous generations, which could signal the arrival of NVLink for consumers, a great feature for those who can buy their GPUs in pairs. The Inquirer has some more prognostications as well as links to even more leaked pictures.
"It's also visible from the leaked pictures that this model has different Scalable Link Interface (SLI) fingers than the firm's previous GPU cards. This could be a sign of Nvidia implementing NVLink for gaming GPUs, and because the cut out for the GPU is rather small, it could be a GV104 core chip."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- AMD Creates Quad Core Zen SoC with 24 Vega CUs for Chinese Consoles @ Slashdot
- Leaked video shows the Galaxy Note9 from every angle, reveals 512GB version @ Ars Technica
- BlackBerry's Evolve smartphones ditch physical keys in favour of touchscreens @ The Inquirer
- Arm reckons its 'any device, any data, any cloud' IoT tech has legs @ The Register
- Get iflix FREE + New Local Content With iflix 3.0! @ TechARP