Subject: Cases and Cooling | November 9, 2017 - 04:28 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: amd, Threadripper, watercooler, phanteks, Glacier C399A, X399
[H]ard|OCP have been working their way through every Threadripper compatible waterblock, the latest model to be tested is Phanteks' Glacier C399A. The top of the waterblock is clear acrylic, perfect if you plan on adding a little colour to your coolant especially if you make use of the Frag-Harder Disco Lights. Mounting is reasonably easy, no dedicated in or out connector to confuse and tightening can be accomplished with a small pair of pliers, which you may find necessary. The cooling performance was in line with the other coolers they've tested, though the C399A does lose some marks because of the need to tighten the mounting mechanism on occasion. Check out the full review for details.
"The Phanteks Glacier C399A is a custom-designed water cooling block built specifically for AMD's new Threadripper processors. It has great looks, Frag-Harder Disco Lights, is built like a tank, and seems to be just what the doctor ordered when it comes to cooling overclocked Threadripper CPUs."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- EK Supremacy EVO Threadripper TR4 Waterblock @ [H]ard|OCP
- XSPC RayStorm Neo CPU Water Block @ TechPowerUp
- Cooler Master MA610P and MA410P RGB @ Kitguru
- Fractal Design Celsius S24 @ TechPowerUp
- Raijintek Asterion Plus @ Benchmark Reviews
- Cooler Master MasterAir MA610P @ Modders-Inc
- Corsair Carbide SPEC-04 TG @ Benchmark Reviews
- BitFenix Aurora @ TechPowerUp
- NZXT H700i @ Guru3D
- Thermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass Edition @ [H]ard|OCP