Subject: Motherboards | May 17, 2014 - 11:15 AM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: z97, video, pcper live, overclocking, motherboards, live, giveaway, gigabyte
With the official release of the new Intel Z97 chipset underway, we are elbow deep in new motherboard reviews and information. Our friends at Gigabyte are making a stop at the PC Perspective offices on May 21st to help educate our readers and viewers on all the changes brought about. This includes the new technologies of the Z97 chipset as well as the Gigabyte-specific features added throughout the multiple motherboard lines. We'll be live streaming the event and of course will archive it for those of you unable to be there.
If you want to catch up on what has been happening in the motherboard world, you should read Morry's Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1 Black Edition review.
Gigabyte Z97 Motherboard Live Stream
10am PT / 1pm ET - May 21st
Be sure you stop by and join in the show! Questions will be answered, prizes will be given out and fun will be had! Who knows, maybe we can break some stuff live as well?? On hand to give away to those of you joining the live stream, we'll have a sweet Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3 motherboard!!
Methods for winning will be decided closer to the event, but if you are watching live, you'll be included. And we'll ship anywhere in the world!
We want the event to be interactive, so we want your questions. We'll of course being paying attention to the chat room on our live page but you'll have better luck if you submit your questions about the Gigabyte Z97 products before hand, in the comments section below. You don't have to register to ask and we'll have the ability to read them beforehand!
Subject: Motherboards | May 14, 2014 - 01:40 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: asus, ASUS ROG, giveaway, live, motherboards, overclocking, pcper live, video, z97
Last week we received a visit from none other than ASUS' own JJ Guerrero, motherboard master extraordinaire. During a live stream hosted on http://pcper.com/live we did a walk through of basically every Z97 motherboard that the company is launching this month. That includes the mainstream series of boards like the Z97-A and Z97-Deluxe, the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series, the TUF series (Sabertooth!) and even the Z97-WS Workstation board.
Not only did we look at motherboard features and hardware performance but we also had demonstrations of the new ASUS features like 5-Way Optimization, AutoTuning, Keybot and more. It was pretty compelling content and users thinking about upgrading their platforms in the near future should without a doubt look at the videos we have posted below.
Seriously though, we streamed for more than 5 hours.
As a result we have a collection of five videos to share with everyone from our PC Perspective YouTube channel. Enjoy!
(PS - If you want to check out our first review of the ASUS Z97-Deluxe, please do so. It turned out to be quite impressive.)
ASUS Z97 Mainstream Motherboards Overview
ASUS Z97 Feature Demonstration - AutoTuning, FanXpert III, 5-Way Optimization, UEFI
ASUS Z97 ROG Series Overview and Keybot, Sonic Studio Demos
ASUS Z97 TUF Series Overview - Sabertooth and Gryphon
ASUS Z97-WS Workstation Overview
Subject: Motherboards | May 7, 2014 - 11:46 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: z97, video, pcper live, overclocking, motherboards, live, giveaway, ASUS ROG, asus
Don't let me shock you with this one - the Intel Z97 chipset is a thing. And our good friends at ASUS are stopping by the offices this week to tell us ALL ABOUT the new motherboards they have built based around said chipset. If you have been paying attention then you'll know we posted a review of the brand spanking new ASUS Z97-Deluxe motherboard on our website last week.
ASUS Z97 Motherboard Live Stream
10am PT / 1pm ET - May 8th
Be sure you stop by and join in the show! Questions will be answered, prizes will be given out and fun will be had! Who knows, maybe we can break some stuff live as well?? On hand to give away to those of you joining the live stream, we'll have these prizes:
- 1 x Z97-A Motherboard
- 1 x Maximus VII Hero
Methods for winning will be decided closer to the event, but if you are watching live, you'll be included. And we'll ship anywhere in the world!
ASUS and I also want the event to be interactive, so we want your questions. We'll of course being paying attention to the chat room on our live page but you'll have better luck if you submit your questions about the ASUS Z97 products before hand, in the comments section below. You don't have to register to ask and we'll have the ability to read them beforehand!
I'll update this post with more information after the reviews and stories start to hit, so keep an eye here for more details!!
Subject: Editorial, General Tech, Graphics Cards | April 30, 2014 - 10:05 AM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: hadron air, hadron, gtx 750, giveaway, evga, contest
Congrats to our winner: Pierce H.! Check back soon for more contests and giveaways at PC Perspective!!
In these good old United States of America, April 15th is a trying day. Circled on most of our calendars is the final deadline for paying up your bounty to Uncle Sam so we can continue to have things like freeway systems and universal Internet access.
But EVGA is here for us! Courtesy of our long time sponsor you can win a post-Tax Day prize pack that includes both an EVGA Hadron Air mini-ITX chassis (reviewed by us here) as well as an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 graphics card.
Nothing makes paying taxes better than free stuff that falls under the gift limit...
With these components under your belt you are well down the road to PC gaming bliss, upgrading your existing PC or starting a new one in a form factor you might not have otherwise imagined.
Competing for these prizes is simple and open to anyone in the world, even if you don't suffer the same April 15th fear that we do. (I'm sure you have your own worries...)
- Fill out the form at the bottom of this post to give us your name and email address, in addition to the reasons you love April 15th! (Seriously, we need some good ideas for next year to keep our heads up!) Also, this does not mean you should leave a standard comment on the post to enter, though you are welcome to do that too.
- Stop by our Facebook page and give us a LIKE (I hate saying that), head over to our Twitter page and follow @pcper and heck, why not check our our many videos and subscribe to our YouTube channel?
- Why not do the same for EVGA's Facebook and Twitter accounts?
- Wait patiently for April 30th when we will draw and update this news post with the winners name and tax documentation! (Okay, probably not that last part.)
A huge thanks goes out to friends and supporters at EVGA for providing us with the hardware to hand out to you all. If it weren't for sponsors like this PC Perspective just couldn't happen, so be sure to give them some thanks when you see them around the In-tar-webs!!
Subject: General Tech, Graphics Cards | April 16, 2014 - 11:39 AM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: video, giveaway, galaxy, contest
UPDATE: Our winners have been selected and notified! Thanks to everyone for participating and stayed tuned to pcper.com as we'll have more contests starting VERY SOON!!!
Our sponsors are the best, they really are. Case in point - Galaxy would like us to give away a pair of graphics cards to our fans. On the block for the contest are a Galaxy GTX 750 Ti GC and a Galaxy GTX 750 GC option, both based on the latest generation Maxwell GPU architecture from NVIDIA.
I posted a GTX 750 Ti Roundup story that looked at the Galaxy GTX 750 Ti GC option and it impressed in both stock performance and in the amount of overclocking headroom provided by the custom cooler.
How can you win these awesome prizes? Head over to our YouTube channel to find or just watch the video below! You need to be a subscriber to our YouTube channel as well as leave a comment on the video itself over on YouTube.
Anyone, any where in the world can win. We'll pick a winner on April 16th - good luck!
Subject: General Tech, Graphics Cards | March 11, 2014 - 09:06 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: nvidia, gtx 750 ti, giveaway, geforce, contest
UPDATE: We have our winners! Congrats to the following users that submitted upgrade worthy PCs that will be shipped a free GeForce GTX 750 Ti courtesy of NVIDIA!
- D. Todorov
- C. Fogg
- K. Rowe
- K. Froehlich
- D. Aarssen
When NVIDIA launched the GeForce GTX 750 Ti this month it convinced us to give this highly efficient graphics card a chance to upgrade some off-the-shelf, under powered PCs. In a story that we published just a week ago, we were able to convert three pretty basic and pretty boring computers into impressive gaming PCs by adding in the $150 Maxwell-based graphics card.
If you missed the video we did on the upgrade process and results, check it out here.
Now we are going to give our readers the chance to do the same thing to their PCs. Do you have a computer in your home that is just not up to the task of playing the latest PC games? Then this contest is right up your alley.
Prizes: 1 of 5 GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Cards
Your Task: You are going to have to do a couple of things to win one of these cards in our "Upgrade Story Giveaway." We want to make sure these cards are going to those of you that can really use it so here is what we are asking for (you can find the form to fill out right here):
- Show us your PC that is in need of an upgrade! Take a picture of your machine with this contest page on the screen or something similar and share it with us. You can use Imgur.com to upload your photo if you need some place to put it. An inside shot would be good as well. Place the URL for your image in the appropriate field in the form below.
- Show us your processor and integrated graphics that need some help! That means you can use a program like CPU-Z to view the processor in your system and then GPU-Z to show us the graphics setup. Take a screenshot of both of these programs so we can see what hardware you have that needs more power for PC gaming! Place the URL for that image in the correct field below.
- Give us your name and email address so we can contact you for more information if you win!
- Leave us a comment below to let me know why you think you should win!!
- Subscribing to our PCPer Live! mailing list or even our PCPer YouTube channel wouldn't hurt either...
That's pretty much it! We'll run this promotion for 2 weeks with a conclusion date of March 13th. That should give you plenty of time to get your entry in.
Subject: Displays | December 24, 2013 - 02:45 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: vg248qe, nvidia, gsync, giveaway, g-sync, contest, asus
We have our winners!! Congratulations to the following 5 submissions and we'll have the upgrade kits on the way to you very soon.
- Lewis C.
- Levi K.
- Jonathan F.
- John G.
- Ben L.
I know that LOTS of you have been clamoring for information on how you can get your hands on one of those DIY G-Sync upgrade kits for yourself and I have some good news. Though I can't tell you where to buy one or how much it will cost, I can offer you 1 of 5 FREE G-Sync upgrade kits through a giveaway we are hosting at PC Perspective!
Here are the rules for the sweepstakes:
- You must already own an ASUS VG248QE monitor
- We need you to supply feedback on the G-Sync experience after the upgrade
- Sorry, this is only available in the US and Canada
Now, the real question is, how can you enter to win as long as you meet those above requirements? It's pretty simple!
- Fill out the form below with name and email information
- You have to include a link to a picture of your existing VG248QE monitor. Include text on it (or on a sheet of paper in the photo) that mentions this contest! Use Imgur if you need an image host.
- Leave a comment on this post that describes WHY you want G-Sync technology
- Hey, if you subscribe to our YouTube channel that won't hurt your chances either. Leave your YouTube name in the comment as well!
Our thanks goes to NVIDIA for supplying the kits and good luck to all participants! We'll pick our winners on December 23rd and have the units out by the end of the year.
Subject: General Tech | December 21, 2013 - 10:05 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: video, contest, giveaway
I don't want to spoil anything, but if you haven't gone to our YouTube channel today you are missing out on one of the most interesting giveaways ever hosted at PC Perspective. Partnering with Linus Tech Tips and Hardware Canucks, you could win a prize pack that includes:
- MSI Radeon R9 290 Graphics Card
- Koolance R9 290 water block
- Caselabs Mercury S5 case with custom water cooling kit
- Intel Core i5-4670K processor
Pretty awesome, isn't it? The rules are pretty simple. Watch the video below and visit the YouTube video page for all the details!
Subject: Editorial, General Tech | November 25, 2013 - 01:02 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: halloween, giveaway, gigabyte, corsair, contest
UPDATE: We have our winner!! I would like to introduce you to...The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race!
There quite a few excellent entries in both photo and video form, but this was far and away the favorite of the PC Perspective voting staff. If you would like to see some of our other favorite entries, just click here and scroll to the bottom. Thanks to everyone who participated and made our holiday at PC Perspective a humorous one. :)
If there is one holiday that I find myself getting more and more attached to as I get older, it is definitely Halloween. The opportunity to dress up like a fool and (legally) scare children and adults in your neighborhood is an occasion that should not be missed! :)
To celebrate this wonderful time of year, PC Perspective has teamed up with our friends at Corsair and Gigabyte to giveaway a collection of hardware that just about anyone would be envious of. Here is what is up for grabs:
- Corsair Graphite 230T orange case ($80)
- Corsair Hydro H80i with the LED set to orange ($87)
- Corsair Raptor K50 RGB keyboard with LED set to orange ($85)
- Corsair Raptor M40 mouse (red, but you know, close enough) ($60)
- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1600 MHz memory ($99)
- Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD ($125)
- Corsair RM Series 650 watt power supply ($115)
- Gigabyte Z87X-OC Haswell-ready motherboard (orange and black) ($185)
That's more than enough hardware to get anyone started on a killer gaming rig. Just add in your Intel Core i7/i5 Haswell processor, an AMD Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce graphics card and your off and running! Maybe a Zotac GeForce card would fit the bill to maintain the orange/black theme? Total estimated value of this hardware is over $830!!
So how do you enter? We have a few ways, but you are going to have to get creative for this one. We are looking for PC Perspective readers that are able to express their nerdom and hardware fanaticism in costume form. What kind of crazy costumes do you have planned and how are they associated with gaming, or hardware or technology? Pics or it didn't happen! Here are the rules:
- We want YOUR costume and not some image you stole off Google image search. That means you are going to need to hold up a piece of paper that says "PCPer" or "PC Perspective" on when you have your snapshot taken. This prove to us that you actually read this before the photo was taken!
- You can submit your entry in a few ways, all of which are equally judged.
- Leave a photo and description on the wall of our PC Perspective Facebook page. This is probably the easiest option.
- Leave a photo and description on the wall of our PC Perspective Google+ page.
- Leave a photo link and description in the comments below.
- If you want to get really creative, you can leave a video response on our PC Perspective YouTube channel!
That's it! We will accept entries starting today and going through November 3rd (to allow for the weekend parties) so get to planning and get creative! We'll pick a few of our favorites to showcase in a news post announcing the winner then ship the hardware to our favorite. Good luck!
A huge thanks goes to Corsair for the massive amount of hardware they provided for this contest and also to Gigabyte for the Z87X-OC motherboard. If you want, you might even get bonus points if you include Corsair and Gigabyte in your entry somehow...
Subject: Graphics Cards | August 14, 2013 - 06:03 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: sweepstakes, sli, nvidia, giveaway, evga, contest
UPDATE: Winners have been selected and contacted - if you weren't one of the five winners check back for more contests and giveaways!! Thanks for listening!!
While at Quakecon this year EVGA showed off its new collection of Pro SLI Bridges that add a bit of sexy to any NVIDIA multi-GPU system. These are much more than just the standard SLI bridge that you know of today: they are sleek, have a brushed metal finish and if you have GTX 700-series or TITAN graphics card, they light up as well!
Because EVGA is a big supporter of PC Perpsective, they are sending over a handful of the 3-Way Pro SLI Bridges (that can also be used in 2-Way configurations) to give away to our readers.
How can you win one of the five free units that EVGA sent us?
- Fill out the form below with the requested information.
Listen to this week's (Episode #264) PC Perspective Podcast (live or after the fact) and I'll give you the code word to include in the form below.
- You can download or watch the podcast right here: http://pcper.com/podcast
That's it!! You can win anywhere in the world and our winners will be randomly picked from the submissions we receive no later than the 20th of August at 6pm ET.
A big thanks goes to EVGA for providing these units!!