Subject: Editorial | April 6, 2017 - 12:57 AM | Alex Lustenberg
Tagged: Z270E, windows 10, relive, podcast, pascal, NVIDA, Mad Catz, Imagination Technologies, ddr5, asus, amd
PC Perspective Podcast #444 - 04/6/17
Join us for an ASUS Z270 Motherboard, NVIDIA Quadro, AMD ReLive, DDR5 and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the iTunes Store (audio only)
- Google Play - Subscribe to our audio podcast directly through Google Play!
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader (audio only)
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath, Allyn Malventano, Ken Addison
Subject: General Tech | April 3, 2017 - 02:44 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: ddr5, NVDIMM-P, NVDIMM-F, NVDIMM-N
Move over Optane, DDR5 would like its time in the spotlight as well. In 2018 we will see the full specifications of DDR5 being released, including a new non-volatile standard called NVDIMM-P. NVDIMM-P will handle terabytes worth of flash storage, with a latency about 10 times as much as the more standard NVDIMM-N at 100's of nanoseconds which should allow large scale storage with very low latencies and will retain data after being powered down. Pop by The Register for a deeper look at the non-volatile future of DDR5.
"The JEDEC Solid State Technology Association has revealed that a full standard for DDR5 memory will arrive in June 2018, along with a new NVDIMM-P standard to house the memory, connect it to computers and protect the contents of RAM."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Windows 7 is gaining popularity as Windows 10 flatlines @ The Inquirer
- Android topples Windows to become world's most popular OS @ The Inquirer
- Spring into BTR’s Contest and Enter to Win a Kingston/HyperX Prize Package @ BabelTechReviews
- NikKTech And AZiO Dominate The Battlefield Global Giveawa