A Fresh Take on the Dark Base 700
The be quiet! Dark Base 700 White Edition is a limited-edition enclosure of only 3,000 units, and it is not only one of the first white cases from be quiet!, but also joins the Dark Base 900 (rev. 2) in featuring RGB lighting - though as tastefully implemented as one might expect from be quiet!.
So what can you expect from a case that - at first glance - appears to be another white mid-tower with a tempered glass side panel and RGB lighting? Quite a bit more than you might think, unless you have first-hand experience with a be quiet! enclosure. My impressions of their products to this point has shown them to have characteristically superior material selection, build quality, overall fit and finish, and attention to detail. In short, a level of perfectionism must surely exist within this German company, and it is impressive to behold.
While this version might only be available for a brief period of time (as long as the 3000 manufactured may last), that does not mean that one cannot purchase the standard black version, which will be identical to this one other than appearance and costs $20 less. Tastes on these matters vary, but from the moment I spotted this at CES in January I really liked this white version with its bright appearance, crystal-clear glass, and subtle lighting around the edges of the front panel.
Features from be quiet!:
- Motherboard tray and HDD slots with enhanced possibilities for individual requirements
- Two Silent Wings 3 140mm PWM fans
- 4-step dual-rail fan controller is switchable between Silence and Performance Mode
- Ready for radiators up to 360mm
- PSU shroud, ingenious cable routing and HDD slot covers for a neat interior
- Fully windowed side panel made of tempered glass
- Exterior RGB LEDs with six switchable colors and motherboard control option
Subject: Cases and Cooling | January 9, 2019 - 03:24 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: white, RGB, mid-tower, limited edition, inverted motherboard, enclosure, Dark Base 700, case, be quiet!
be quiet! has a limited-edition white version of their Dark Base 700 enclosure on display at CES 2019, combining high style and plenty of practical functionality in a premium mid-tower design.
“Dark Base 700 marks one of the most critically acclaimed cases be quiet! ever designed. As a way to thank the loyal fans, the case is released in a white edition, limited to 3,000 pieces worldwide. The technical details remain untouched but be quiet! took great care to have a unified white finish on the different materials. For aesthetic reasons, the side window of the white edition is clear and not tinted.”
This white version of the case offers the same features of the standard Dark Base 700, including a modular construction with a removable motherboard tray which can be inverted, and the tempered glass panel can be installed on either side based on standard/inverted configuration. The case also features a subtle RGB lighting integration that can be controlled manually or via motherboard header, and comes with a pair of Silent Wings 3 140 mm PWM fans pre-installed.
The Dark Base 700 White Edition features from be quiet! include:
- Tempered glass side panel with rubber seal
- Integrated RGB LEDs in the front with RGB controller and motherboard control option
- State-of-the-art I/O panel with USB 3.1 Gen. 2 type C connector
- High grade of versatility and modularity
- Mainboard tray can be inverted
- Motherboard tray can be used as a bench table
- Side window can be installed on both sides as well
- Removable fan bracket in the top for easy installation of fans or radiators
- PSU shroud to hide cables and drives
- Up to seven single HDD cages (three included)
- Slot covers for unused HDD slots
- Vertical GPU installation possible (riser not included)
- Impeccable cooling and silence
- Intelligent airflow with noise-dampening vents
- Decoupled mainboard tray and hard drives
- Sound insulation foam
- Integrated 4-step dual-rail fan controller for up to 6x PWM fans
Launch timeframe is February 2019, with a retail of $189.