Subject: Cases and Cooling | January 9, 2019 - 03:24 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: white, RGB, mid-tower, limited edition, inverted motherboard, enclosure, Dark Base 700, case, be quiet!
be quiet! has a limited-edition white version of their Dark Base 700 enclosure on display at CES 2019, combining high style and plenty of practical functionality in a premium mid-tower design.
“Dark Base 700 marks one of the most critically acclaimed cases be quiet! ever designed. As a way to thank the loyal fans, the case is released in a white edition, limited to 3,000 pieces worldwide. The technical details remain untouched but be quiet! took great care to have a unified white finish on the different materials. For aesthetic reasons, the side window of the white edition is clear and not tinted.”
This white version of the case offers the same features of the standard Dark Base 700, including a modular construction with a removable motherboard tray which can be inverted, and the tempered glass panel can be installed on either side based on standard/inverted configuration. The case also features a subtle RGB lighting integration that can be controlled manually or via motherboard header, and comes with a pair of Silent Wings 3 140 mm PWM fans pre-installed.
The Dark Base 700 White Edition features from be quiet! include:
- Tempered glass side panel with rubber seal
- Integrated RGB LEDs in the front with RGB controller and motherboard control option
- State-of-the-art I/O panel with USB 3.1 Gen. 2 type C connector
- High grade of versatility and modularity
- Mainboard tray can be inverted
- Motherboard tray can be used as a bench table
- Side window can be installed on both sides as well
- Removable fan bracket in the top for easy installation of fans or radiators
- PSU shroud to hide cables and drives
- Up to seven single HDD cages (three included)
- Slot covers for unused HDD slots
- Vertical GPU installation possible (riser not included)
- Impeccable cooling and silence
- Intelligent airflow with noise-dampening vents
- Decoupled mainboard tray and hard drives
- Sound insulation foam
- Integrated 4-step dual-rail fan controller for up to 6x PWM fans
Launch timeframe is February 2019, with a retail of $189.