Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 4, 2018 - 10:13 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: tempered glass, RGB, micro-atx, mATX, enclosure, Crystal Series, corsair, case, 280x
Corsair has unveiled a new micro-ATX enclosure at Computex with the Crystal Series 280X, available in RGB or non-RGB flavors, and sporting no fewer than three tempered glass panels (side, front, top).
"With tempered glass panels in the front, side and roof, the Crystal 280X RGB provides a stunning view of your PC. Illuminated by two LL120 RGB fans, each featuring 16 RGB LEDs, the Crystal 280X RGB also includes a CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO digital RGB lighting controller, combining with powerful iCUE software to light up your PC in a dazzling array of patterns and effects. With 32 individually controllable LEDs to light up your system, and plentiful airflow to cool multi-core, multi-GPU systems, the Crystal 280X RGB is the clear choice for your next compact MATX system."
The Crystal 280X is a dual-chamber design, and supports full-length GPUs up to 300 mm, radiators up to 240 mm on the front and case floor with up to 280 mm rads up top, and offers support for 2x 3.5-inch and 3x 2.5-inch storage drives.
Available in white or black, the Crystal 280X will retail for $159.99 for the RGB version, and $109.99 for the version without RGB. It is available now from Corsair's official store.
A black review unit is being evaluated as we speak, so stay tuned for the full review!
Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 15, 2017 - 01:34 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: tempered glass, corsair, Crystal Series, 570x
It has been quite a while since Sebastian reviewed Corsair's Crystal Series 570X tempered glass case; so why not take another look? Over at Techgage you can revist this case with a view. They were impressed by the cooling included, three fans and a pre-installed fan hub for three more RGB fans as well as the air filter placements which help keep dust out of the case. There is no equivalent feature to get fingerprints off of the glass front and sides so you will spend some time cleaning up your case. Then again, if you are choosing a transparent enclosure, you likely spend a lot of time ensuring all your components are looking their best.
"Corsair’s Crystal series is named as such because of its use of tempered glass, and as the top dog in the current lineup, the 570X sports that tempered glass on all four sides. Despite its delicate frame, the chassis proved great to build with, and as we found out, its beautiful aesthetics don’t hurt its cooling efficiency."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Gamemax Polaris (RGB Tempered Glass) @ Kitguru
- Bitfenix Portal Mini-ITX Case @ Benchmark Reviews
- Nanoxia CoolForce 1 Mid-Tower Review @ NikKTech
- Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 6 Review @ Bjorn3d
- Streacom FC8 Alpha mini-ITX chassi @ Bjorn3d
- LEPA NEOllusion @ techPowerUp
Subject: Cases and Cooling | November 21, 2016 - 01:15 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: atx, case, corsair, Crystal Series, enclosure, RGB, tempered glass, tower, 460X
The Corsair Crystal Series 460X RGB is very similar to the 570X model which Sebastian just posted a review of, though there are some noticeable differences. It is slightly smaller in all dimensions, at 440x220x464mm and the removable top is metal as opposed to glass, which has also allowed the relocation to the front of the top panel controls and inputs. The case does use the same PSU shroud as the 570X as well as suffering from the same strain of RGB disease and it will sell for $40 less than the 570X at $140. Take a look at TechPowerUp's full review to see which of the two cases you prefer.
"After the huge success of their other cases, Corsair have now released the Crystal series, which concentrates on a clean, modern design while still being functional to both air and liquid cooling enthusiasts.The first of the Crystal Series is the 460X which comes with comes with RGB fans and tempered glass."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Corsair Crystal 570X RGB chassis with with tempered glass @ Guru of 3D
- Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB Tempered Glass Chassis @ Kitguru
- Lian Li PC-O9WX Tempered Glass Case @ Kitguru
- XFX Hard Swap Quick Change Fan Review @ OCC
- be quiet! Silent Base 600 Review @ OCC
Introduction and Exterior
Corsair has just dropped a trio of new cases into the market, and I happen to have all of them in my secret enclosure testing bunker. While reviews for the other two are in the pipeline, the first of these to be completed is this impressive new Crystal Series 570X. Not only does this case have tempered glass galore (and an ultra-premium look and feel), but it also features customizable RGB lighting effects.
Glass has clearly (pun intended) been trending in the case world of late, and there are more tempered glass options at affordable price points than ever. There is still room for a premium option or two, and Corsair joins the ranks of In Win for a high-style enclosure with this Crystal 570X. At first glance the case looks like it's mostly tempered glass, and for the most part the exterior is just that. Glass panels comprise front and back sides, as well as the front and top of the case. In fact, only the back and bottom panels of the Crystal 570X are steel.
Here are some key points for the Crystal 570X from Corsair:
- Four tempered glass panels on the sides of the case: Possibly the most beautiful case CORSAIR has ever made. With tempered glass enclosing the entire chassis, every component of your build is on display.
- Customizable lighting: Light up your build with brilliant LED effects. Three included SP120 RGB LED fans and included LED controller keeps your components running cool. Each fan is equipped with vivid, configurable LED lights, enabling you to personalize your build.
- Room for virtually anything: Mounting points for 6 case fans and fully compatible with 360mm, 280mm, and 120mm radiators. Removable fan trays in the front and top of the chassis allows for additional space or mounting cooling outside of the chassis.
- Cable management made simple: Cable routing channels with included velcro cable straps for clean cable management.
- Easy to clean: Easily access dust filters on front, top, and bottom mean you’ll never spend more than a minute getting dust out of your system.