Subject: General Tech | January 22, 2013 - 07:59 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: usb 3.0, peripheral, nerdytec, gaming, couchmaster premium
It has been a while since we have seen a review of living room furniture, long time readers may remember a certain gaming class beanbag chair from 2008, but with the advent of Steam's Big Picture perhaps it is something we shall see more of. In this case it is more of a gaming class TV Tray, called the Nerdytec CouchMaster Premium with interchangeable wrist and palm rests, Velcro wire management loops, a 4 port USB 3.0 powered hub and a 5m USB 3.0 extension cable. This should allow you to get your mouse, keyboard and any two other USB peripherals set up on the CouchMaster with you comfortably sitting on the couch. It also sports a pocket where you can store some items but open containers of liquids are not going to be safe in it. Read on at Kitguru to see if this is an idea with potential or if you should pass this one by.
"In days gone by, it was rare to see PC gamers sitting anywhere other than at a desk when enjoying their favourite titles. With the emergence and widespread adoption of big-screen TVs and floor-shaking surround sound systems, PC gamers’ desks have a competing entertainment area – the couch."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Paging Dr Evil: Philips medical device control kit 'easily hacked' @ The Register
- Why no one wants to Joyn GSMA's Skype-killing expedition @ The Register
- Troubleshooting and Fixing Windows 8's Boot Configuration @ Techspot
- 4ipnet HSG260-WTG2 Wi-Fi Hotspot Kit @ TechwareLabs
- Brother MFC-J4510DW: printing in landscape mode @ Hardware.info
- How to Generate Floppy Disks for Old Macintosh Computers @ Hardware Secrets
- interview with Biostar’s Head of European Sales @ Kitguru
- Funky Kit Content #98 - Win a Thermaltake Level 10 M-series Mouse
- CES 2013: Zalman Coolers, Cases, GPUs & PSUs @ Funky Kit
- CES 2013: Ferrari Headphones @ Funky Kit
- The TR Podcast 127: The CES 2013 extravaganza