Subject: Systems | March 23, 2017 - 03:45 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: corsair, CORSAIR ONE, CORSAIR ONE PRO, core i7 7700k
Today Corsair announce a family of new pre-built systems, the Corsair One series. Two of the systems will be available for purchase at your favourite retailers and two will be exclusive to Corsair's web store.
All models have aluminium cases and an an integrated liquid-cooling system for both the i7-7700k as well as the GPU, be it a GTX 1070, 1080 or 1080Ti. All systems are built on a custom MSI Z270 Mini-ITX motherboard, a Corsair FORCE LE SSD with a HDD for extra storage, 16GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400 and an 80 PLUS GOLD rated SFX PSU.
They will hit stores later this March and will come with a two year warranty which includes dedicated technical support, 24 Hour Phone support and an included suite of self-diagnostic tools. You can read the full PR below the fold.
Subject: General Tech | March 16, 2017 - 01:30 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: K63, corsair, mechanical keyboard, input, CUE, cherry mx red
Corsair have released a new mechanical keyboard for those aching for something new to type on. The K63 has an MSRP of $80 and comes with Cherry MX Red switches to go with the red back lighting. They chose to leave the numpad off of this model but did include media buttons at the top as well as a Windows key lock to prevent you from accidentally hiding the game you were playing. Read the full PR below the post.
FREMONT, CA –March 16th - CORSAIR, a world leader in enthusiast memory, PC components and high-performance gaming hardware today announced the new K63 mechanical gaming keyboard. Continuing the CORSAIR legacy of top-quality, high-performance gaming keyboards, the K63 combines tenkeyless design, precision CHERRY MX Red mechanical keyswitches, a full complement of media keys and per-key red LED illumination. What’s more, K63 offers all this at a price that puts mechanical performance within reach of gamers wanting to step up their game to the next level. The result is a perfect combination of mechanical precision, advanced gaming features and a space-saving design that makes it ideal for compact desktops or gamers on-the-go.
Packing the best of CORSAIR keyboards into a new compact size, the K63 boasts a host of features ready to match the most demanding games. Beneath its sleek exterior and gold-contact CHERRY MX Red key switches, per-key red LED backlighting vibrantly illuminates each key. With the power of CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE) software, every key’s lighting can be controlled individually, allowing for virtually unlimited lighting customization and control. CUE software also allows for near endless programmability, with every key individually reprogrammable with alternative commands, custom macros or dynamic lighting effects.
Dedicated volume and multimedia controls located at the top of the keyboard offer easy access to audio adjustments in-game, while dedicated Windows Key Lock and brightness adjustment buttons allow gamers to keep distractions to a minimum at crucial moments. Precision and accuracy are nothing without control, and the K63 delivers when it matters most. 100% Anti-ghosting with full key rollover ensures that every press of the keyboard is registered, no matter how many keys are pressed simultaneously, or how fast you press them.
CORSAIR K63 Specifications
- 100% CHERRY MX Red mechanical keyswitches: Gold-contact CHERRY MX mechanical gaming keyswitches deliver the ultimate performance and competitive advantage.
- Per-key red LED backlighting and large font keycaps: Brilliant red LED backlighting enhances the experience with dynamic and virtually unlimited lighting adjustability.
- Compact, tenkeyless design: Great for travel, and you’ll have more room for your mouse.
- Dedicated volume and multimedia controls: Control to adjust media on-the-fly, without interrupting your game.
- 100% Anti-ghosting with full key rollover: No matter how fast your in-game actions are, your keystrokes always register the way you intended.
- The power of CUE: Fully programmable with CUE to assign macros to any key and create dynamic lighting effects.
- Windows Key Lock mode: Stay focused and prevent accidental Windows and Context Menu key presses.
Availability, Warranty and Pricing
The CORSAIR K63 is available immediately from the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized retailers, and distributors and is backed by a two-year warranty and the CORSAIR worldwide customer support network.
Subject: Editorial | February 23, 2017 - 12:16 PM | Alex Lustenberg
Tagged: podcast, vulkan, ryzen, qualcomm, Qt, mesh, g213, eero, corsair, bulldog
PC Perspective Podcast #438 - 02/23/17
Join us for Vulkan one year later, Logitech G213 Keyboard, eero home mesh networking, Ryzen Pre Orders, and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the iTunes Store (audio only)
- Google Play - Subscribe to our audio podcast directly through Google Play!
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader (audio only)
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Allyn Malventano, Ken Addison, Josh Walrath, Jermey Hellstrom
Program length: 0:58:01
- Corsair Bulldog 2.0 (includes case, PSU, MB and CPU cooler)
- Intel Core i7-7700K
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
- Corsair Z270 Motherboard mini ITX
- Corsair Hydro GTX 1080
- 480GB Neutron GTX SSD
- 600 watt Corsair PSU
The barebones kit starts at $399 through Corsair.com and includes the case, the motherboard, CPU cooler and 600-watt power supply. Not a bad price for those components!
You won't find any specific benchmarks in the video above, but you will find some impressions playing Resident Evil 7 in HDR mode at 4K resolution with the specs above, all on an LG OLED display. (Hint: it's awesome.)
Subject: General Tech, Shows and Expos | January 5, 2017 - 05:19 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: corsair, K95 RGB Platinum, mechanical keyboard, CES, CES 2017, Cherry MX
Corsair's new K95 RGB Platinum mechanical keyboard should not be thrown in a fit of frustration, the aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminium body will not be what breaks upon impact. Then again it is not the body most are interested in, most prefer to focus on the Cherry nubbins and this keyboard has them! You can choose either the CHERRY MX Speed with a mere 1.2mm of travel or Cherry MX RGB Brown if you prefer to bottom out with authority.
For those who need to be brought into the light this keyboard offers more than just lighting underneath the keys, it also has a 19-zone light bar called the LightEdge at the top. All of these lighting effects are programmable through the Corsair Utility Engine, as is the functionality of the six programmable macro keys on the keyboard. For those with a more utilitarian mindset, the detachable dual-sided soft-touch wrist rest and USB pass-through port are beneficial inclusions.
You should see them available online in the very near future, with an MSRP of $199.
K95 RGB Platinum Specifications
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: Built to withstand a lifetime of gaming.
- Lightweight and rugged durability, necessary for a keyboard that’s going to see a lot of action.
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback: Allow access for up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software.
- Dynamic multicolor per key backlighting with LightEdge: Adjust each key’s color and illumination level in addition to 19-zones on the LightEdge light bar for sophisticated and dramatic animations and effects.
- 100% CHERRY RGB mechanical key switches: Unleash blistering speed with the 1.2mm actuation of CHERRY MX Speed mechanical keyswitches, or feel the tactile feedback of Cherry MX RGB Brown keyswitches.
- Six programmable G-keys keys for in-game macros: Assign single keystrokes or complex multi-key combos to any of the six dedicated macro keys.
- USB 2.0 pass-through port: Provides convenient access to an additional USB port for your mouse or headset.
- Black or Gunmetal: Available in two distinctive anodized finishes, Black or Gunmetal. (Gunmetal initially only available in North America with Cherry MX Speed switch.)
- Detachable, dual-sided soft-touch wrist rest: The comfort to enhance your gameplay during marathon gaming sessions. Choose between two different surfaces for optimal comfort.
- Dedicated volume and multimedia controls: Control to adjust audio on the fly, without interrupting your game.
- 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover: No matter how fast your in-game actions are, every keypress registers correctly.
- Fully programmable with CUE: Intuitive and powerful Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) enables sophisticated macro programming and fast, fluid dynamic multicolor illumination.
- Windows key lock mode: Stay focused and prevent accidental Windows and Context Menu key presses.
- FPS and MOBA keycap sets: Textured and contoured keycaps provide maximum grip and enhanced feel.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at http://pcper.com/ces!
Subject: General Tech, Shows and Expos | January 5, 2017 - 04:25 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Scimatar Pro RGB, gaming mouse, corsair, CES 2017, CES
Just look at that mouse, you could do your taxes with it if your thumb was flexible enough! 17 buttons in total with a full dozen programmable thumb buttons for you MMO and MOBA players. It should allow you to set up just about anything you wanted done on your mouse, leaving your keyboard hand free for ...
The 16,000 DPI sensor is a PIXART PMW3367 optical sensor and the CORSAIR Utility Engine allows you to set incremental sensitivity increases as low as a single DPI. As is tradition this year, the mouse features four-zone RGB lighting which can also be controlled via CUE to let you personalize your mouse's inner glow.
SCIMITAR PRO RGB Specifications
- Exclusive Key Slider macro button control system: The patent-pending design provides 8mm of key travel with a secure lock to ensure every button is within reach.
- 12 Optimized mechanical side buttons: Designed to pro-player specifications for consistent tactile feedback and precise actuation.
- Textured side button keycaps provide enhanced grip and feel.
- Onboard storage with hardware macro playback: Three predefined profiles include actions common for MMO/MOBA gaming as well as general purpose keyboard shortcuts. Advance your gameplay and create your own profile with custom actions and lighting effects.
- Custom PMW3367 PIXART 16,000 DPI optical sensor: Ultra-accurate and high-speed tracking engine.
- Native 16,000 DPI resolution, settable in single DPI steps, can be custom tuned to virtually any type of mouse pad.
- Available in yellow or black: Styled to suit your system, the SCIMITAR PRO RGB is available in both yellow and black finishes.
- Surface calibration tuning utility: Optimizes sensor precision and responsiveness for your playing surface.
- Dynamic multicolor four-zone backlighting: Customizable backlighting immerses you in the game by providing nearly unlimited lighting adjustability.
- Comfortable, precision, optimized shape: Crafted to fit your palm for the highest level of comfort no matter your hand size or grip style.
- Ultrafast 1ms lag-free game play: Supports up to 1,000Hz/1ms USB refresh rate for a near instant response to your movements.
- CUE software control supercharges your mouse: Enables you to program custom MMO timer countdowns, double macros, DPI matrices, and more.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at http://pcper.com/ces!
Subject: Cases and Cooling, Systems, Shows and Expos | January 5, 2017 - 04:03 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: TX-M Series, PSU, HX Series, corsair, CES 2017, CES, bulldog, 80 Plus Platinum, 80 Plus Gold
We will let Corsair speak for themselves about these three products.
Platinum and Gold – HX and TX-M
Equipped with 100% Japanese 105°C capacitors the new HX series offers 80 Plus Platinum efficiency for up to 94% efficient operation. Fully modular cabling makes clutter-free builds easy, while a large 135mm cooling fan and Zero RPM mode allow for virtually silent operation. Rated for operating temperatures up to 50°C, the HX series is designed to deliver superb electrical performance and efficiency in the most demanding situations.
Also furnished with 100% Japanese capacitors and rated to 50°C, the new TX-M series delivers 80 Plus Gold efficiency paired with fantastic electrical performance and reliability. Combined with semi-modular cables for immaculate builds, the TX-M series hits the sweet spot of features and performance that PC enthusiasts demand.
Bulldog 2.0 - Build Your Living Room PC Better
CORSAIR Bulldog 2.0 retains the sleek looks and small form factor layout of its predecessor, effortlessly fitting into home theatre or living room setups. Within the glossy exterior, Bulldog 2.0 is completely upgraded for 2017, to be the ultimate living room barebone kit. Boasting the very latest Intel Z270 Mini-ITX motherboard from MSI, Bulldog 2.0 is ready to overclock and push performance limits with new Intel 7th Generation Core processors. Bulldog 2.0 also includes an all-new low-profile liquid CPU cooler, the H6SF, and the best-in-class CORSAIR SF600 SFX PSU, as well two low-noise 92mm PWM-controlled cooling fans based on the award-winning CORSAIR ML Series. With a high-performance case, PSU, cooler and motherboard all included and pre-installed, CORSAIR Bulldog 2.0 is the ideal starting point to build the ultimate living room PC.
Follow all of our coverage of the show at http://pcper.com/ces!
Subject: Memory | December 23, 2016 - 01:26 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Vengeance LPX, kaby lake, Intel, DDR4-3600, corsair, core i7 7700k
[H]ard|OCP had a chance to try out Corsair's upcoming Vengeance LPX 3600MHz DDR4 on a Kaby Lake based system. The XMP settings for this DDR4 were 3600MHz with timings @ 18-19-19-39-2T and the system booted with no problems at these defaults, an improvement from some scenarios with Skylake based systems. Running Prime95 for over a day posed no problem for the system, however Memtest86 did until the RAM voltage was bumped up to 1.41v from the default 1.36v at which point it could pass the tests with no problems. This shows some promise for overclocking addicts planning on upgrading to the refreshed Intel chip.
"We were lucky enough to get our hands on a new set of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz RAM this week and we immediately put it work with the new Intel Kaby Lake Core i7-7700K processor that is to be launched next month."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Team Group T-Force Night Hawk 3000 MHz DDR4 @ techPowerUp
- Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000 64 GiB @ Hardware Secrets
- Crucial Ballistix Tactical 3000 MHz DDR4 (4x 8 GB) @ techPowerUp
Subject: Cases and Cooling | December 2, 2016 - 03:58 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: magnetic levitation, corsair, air cooling, ML 120, ML140 Pro, ML120 Pro, led
Instead of using sleeve bearings, ball bearings or fluid dynamic bearings, the Corsair ML series relies on magnetic levitation to deal with the friction created by a spinning fan. The fans are available in 120mm and 140mm sizes, with blue, red or white LEDS, or none if you prefer. The fans use a 4-pin PWM connection to allow you to control their speed and should be compatible with any case, heatsink or radiator you might want to use them with. Techgage tried them out in a Cooler Master CM 690 III. They are somewhat pricey, the Pro version which ships with rubber mounts more so, with the non-Pro models shipping in pairs. Read all about them in their review.
"I’m a big fan of magnets, they’re just plain cool. Corsair was attracted to the idea of using magnets in it’s latest fans and created the ML-Series. Sporting magnetic levitation, the ML Series fans are meant to be the last set of fans you’ll ever need. Maintaing both high performance and quiet operation, we take the ML120 and ML140 PRO LED fans for a spin."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Corsair Carbide 270R Mid-Tower @ eTeknix
- Antec KUHLER H2O H1200 Pro AIO Liquid CPU Cooler Review @ NikKTech
- Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 280 Review @ OCC
Subject: Cases and Cooling | November 30, 2016 - 11:06 AM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: contest, giveaway, corsair, rm1000i, white special edition
The holidays are fully in swing and Corsair is in the giving mood. To celebrate the launch of the brand new, limited edition RM1000i White Special Edition power supply, Corsair has sent along one for us to give away to our readers!
CORSAIR®, a world leader in enthusiast memory, high-performance gaming hardware and PC components, today reached two new milestones, celebrating ten years since first entering the PSU market and the sale of the ten millionth CORSAIR PSU.
Over the past decade, CORSAIR has revolutionized the enthusiast PSU industry with an unrelenting commitment to product quality and innovation that has seen the PSU evolve from an after-thought into the high-quality heart of a modern PC. CORSAIR has championed a range of key features to push PC power supplies to new levels of performance, functionality and customization. Modular PSUs have made building PCs easier, Zero RPM fan mode allows the PSU’s fan to switch off entirely under low loads and with digitally controlled power and CORSAIR LINK PSU monitoring, users can find out exactly how their PSU is performing in an instant.
To commemorate this achievement, CORSAIR is proud to announce the extremely limited CORSAIR RM1000i Special Edition. Individually numbered, finished in striking arctic white and equipped with both a white LED-lit cooling fan and new individually sleeved white cables, only 100 of these PSUs will be built, giving enthusiasts a chance to own a unique piece of CORSAIR history.
Ten years has seemingly flown by and selling 10 million power supplies to consumers is no small feat! If you want to get your hands on one of only 100 of these special items, then enter for your chance to win one with the contest below!