Subject: General Tech | January 10, 2018 - 01:07 PM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: wireless, kingston, hyperx, headset, headphones, gaming, Cloud Flight, CES 2018, CES, 2.4GHz
HyperX has announced their first wireless headset with the Cloud Flight, and with it the promise of a whopping 30 hours of battery life on a single charge using its 2.4 GHz connection.
"With a solid, gaming-grade wireless connection, incredible 30-hour battery life, and signature HyperX comfort, Cloud Flight allows you to play uninterrupted for longer. The closed cup design helps keep you immersed, while the durable steel slider and high-quality construction mean it’s built to withstand daily wear and tear."
The new Cloud Flight headset is compatibile with PS4/PS4 Pro as well as PC, and the optional wired connection allows use with anything that supports a 3.5 mm connection. Other features include 90° earcup rotation, adjustable lighting effects, and the detachable noise-cancelling mic is certified by TeamSpeak and Discord.
Specifications from HyperX:
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Frequency response:
- Wireless: 20Hz–20,000Hz
- Analog: 15Hz–23,000Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 106dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Weight: 300g; 315g with mic
- Cable length and type: USB charge cable (1m) + Detachable 3.5mm headphone cable (1.3m)
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Noise-cancelling
- Frequency response: 100Hz-7,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -45dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
- Battery life:
- LED off: 30 hours
- Breathing LED: 18 hours
- Solid LED: 13 hours
- Wireless Range: Up to 20 meters
The HyperX Cloud Flight wireless gaming headset is available now for $159.99, and our testing is already underway so expect the full review soon!