Subject: Mobile | March 5, 2018 - 05:06 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: chuwi, surbook, convertible, apollo lake
You may not have heard of Chuwi but they are not a new player, they have been around since 2004 and have been partnering with Huawei, Google, Microsoft and Intel to try to make it onto the world stage. This recently cumulated in a successful IndieGoGo campaign and the release of the SurBook convertible laptop. Inside is an Intel Celeron N3450 with 6GB DDR3-1600 and 128 GB eMMC flash storage with a 2736x1824 IPS touchscreen. The design which TechPowerUp tested cost a hair under $500, which is just about perfect for what you get. It won't win any benchmarking awards but for what it is intended for it seems to do well; check it out for yourself.
"Chuwi looks to conquer the convertible 2-in-1 market with their new SurBook. Featuring an all-aluminum shell and a rather large battery, it has the looks and specifications to turn a few heads, which may have something to do with its successful Indiegogo campaign in mid-2017."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
More Mobile Articles
- The Tech Report's February 2018 mobile staff picks
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro @ Kitguru
- The Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 @ TechARP
- Honor 9 Lite hands-on @ The Inquirer
- Use Your Gaming Laptop and Play On Battery Power? Is It Possible? @ Techspot
- Acer Predator Triton 700 Gaming Laptop @ TechARP
- XPS 13 2018 review: Dell’s improvements propel this laptop forward @ Ars Technica
- Razer Blade Stealth & Razer Core V2 @ Techspot
- Razer Blade Pro @ Kitguru
- HP Spectre x360 13 @ Techspot