Subject: General Tech | September 21, 2011 - 06:53 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, cartel, syndicate
Over at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN is an interview with Shams Jorjani who works for Paradox and is involved in the development of a game called Cartel. If you don't quite recognize the company's name, Paradox is most well known for Magicka and Mount & Blade. His first response defines what is great about Paradox, "Well we’re making PC games! That’s what we do, right?"
Cartel won't be ready for a year or more but as it is envisioned you will be fighting Cartels (think Megacorporations) with a squad of elite troops that you kit out with the equipment you have stolen or researched. While Jorjani doesn't like the Syndicate: Total War comparison, it might be a good way for those who have no idea what Syndicate is to grasp the concept.
"Paradox are developing a game called Cartel. The timing is interesting, because this is a game of two familiar halves: one real-time squad-based RTS action, the other on a global research and diplomacy map. And it is set in a near-future world of global mega-corporations, or “cartels”, battling for ultimate supremacy. Sound familiar? It should do. This is the antidote to EA’s new Syndicate being an FPS, and Paradox aren’t too shy about it. I talked to Paradox’s Shams Jorjani about what the Swedish publisher is up to, and whether this could be regarded as Syndicate: Total War.
Sadly, there are no images at this time. Boo."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Hard Reset Gameplay Performance @ [H]ard|OCP
- The dreams in which I'm dying: Ars reviews Gears of War 3
- Warco: an FPS where you hold a camera instead of a gun @ Ars Technica
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gaming and Performance Review on AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series Video Cards @Hi Tech Legion
- F1 2011 Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Dead Island @ Tweaktown
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC Review @ eTeknix
- Hard Reset Review @ Techgage
- Hard Reset GPU & CPU Performance Test @ TechSpot
- Hands-on with the Diablo 3 beta: keep that Internet on! @ Ars Technica
- The Race For Space: Lifeless Planet @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Starhawk - PS3 @ HEXUS
- Gears of War 3 Game Review (XBOX 360) @ HardwareHeaven
- God of War Collection Volume 2 Review (PS3) @ HardwareHeaven