Subject: General Tech | March 7, 2019 - 10:37 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: water, twitch, streaming, logitech g, logitech, IWD, International Women’s Day, gaming, fundraiser, event, charity, blue microphones, ASTRO Gaming
Logitech is hosting a 24-hour live stream beginning today (March 7) at 2:00 PM Pacific Time / 5:00 PM Eastern to celebrate International Women’s Day; with Logitech G, ASTRO Gaming, and Blue Microphones also involved in this "multi-city live stream".
"To celebrate International Women’s Day, we want to acknowledge the women who contributed to gaming. Some of our favorite games have women at the helm, and many women are involved in creating the amazing technology used to play these great games.
As a part of this celebration, Logitech, Logitech G, ASTRO Gaming and Blue Microphones will host a 24-hour, multi-city live stream on March 7 and 8 to raise funds for charity: water. Their goal is to bring clean and safe drinking water to developing countries improving health, education and opportunity – especially for women and children, who spend up to 40 billion hours a year walking to collect clean water. It’s our goal to help improve the quality of life for women globally."
You can access the stream via the Logitech G Twitch channel and on TILTIFY, featuring "female gamers and Logitech employees around the world." Donations can be made to the foundation during the live stream, with Logitech matching the first $15,000.
"Please join us for this one-of-a-kind event. Help us celebrate diversity and donate to a worthy cause. As little as a $30 donation will bring clean water to an individual for an entire year. And if we hit our $30,000 goal, we’ll be able to bring three full communities clean water!"
Logitech provides this 24-hour stream schedule:
Thursday, March 7
- 2pm – 10pm PT
- Broadcast from the Logitech office in Newark, Calif.
- Guest Streamer: @JessBrohard
- 10pm – 2am PT / Mar 8 7pm – 11pm Napier, New Zealand
- Broadcast from New Zealand
- Guest Streamer: LoriiPops
Friday, March 8
- 2am – 6am PT / 10am – 2pm GMT
- Broadcast from the Logitech office in Cork, Ireland
- Guest Streamer: Fuzzy Freaks
- 6am – 10am PT / 8am – 12pm CST
- Broadcast from Mexico City, Mexico (in Spanish)
- Guest Streamer: Why So Sara
- 10am – 2pm PT
- Broadcast from ASTRO Gaming in San Francisco, Calif.
- Guest Streamer: @JessBrohard
Subject: General Tech | June 18, 2014 - 05:45 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: audio, blue microphones, spark digital lightning, microphone
The Spark Digital Lightning condenser microphone contains its own DAC which means that all the signal processing is done before the audio is sent to the device which you are recording to or broadcasting from. That saves processor cycles on a PC but also means you can use this with a phone and other mobile devices and still produce audio of a decent quality. It comes with a shock mount and your choice of either USB and Lightning cords or USB and the old style 30-pin Apple connector. You can control volume, gain and mute directly on the mic as well as switch on a Focus option which alters the bias voltage of the condenser capsule similar to a low frequency filter. Check out Benchmark Reviews full look at this ~$200 microphone that can almost compete with studio mics bearing a much higher price tag.
"The Spark Digital from Blue Microphones is an all-in-one solution for high quality digital audio production. All the signal processing is done inside the body of the microphone, and the interface to your computer is through one of several available serial connections. The Spark Digital supports USB 1.1/2.0, the relatively new Lightning connection, or the older Apple 30-pin interface, through the use of separate cables for each connection type."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Mionix Nash 20 Headset Review @HiTech Legion
- Mionix Nash 20 Gaming Headset @ eTeknix
- Roccat Kave XTD True 5.1 PC Gaming Headset @ eTeknix
- Kingston HyperX CLOUD Pro Gaming Headset Review @ NikKTech
- Jabra Solemate Max Portable Wireless Speaker Review @ NikKTech
- Genius GX Gaming SW-G2.1 2000 Speaker System @ Benchmark Reviews
- UE BOOM Personalized Edition @ techPowerUp