Subject: General Tech | September 6, 2012 - 01:26 PM | Ken Addison
Tagged: wireless charging, VIVO, thunderbolt, podcast, k90, k60, corsair, black mesa, ax1200i, asus
PC Perspective Podcast #217 - 09/06/2012
Join us this week as we talk about the Corsair AX1200i Power Supply, Video Games as Art, Wireless Charging and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Josh Walrath, Jeremy Hellstrom, Allyn Malvantano and Scott Michaud
A big thanks goes to our friends at ALXTech.net for hosting our PC Perspective gaming server! Find out how you can get a game server for just $0.65/slot by visiting http://alxtech.net/pcper/!!
Program length: 1:24:36
- Week in Reviews:
- 0:38:20 This Podcast is brought to you by MSI!
News items of interest:
- 0:39:20 Wireless charging is close!
- 0:44:13 Western Digital 2TB Thunderbolt MyBook
- 0:47:20 Arctic MC101 Trinity based HTPC
- 0:48:50 ASUS shows Vivo tablets at IFA
- 0:53:30 Ultrabook with 2560x1440 display from Samsung
- 0:56:10 Lower Power IVB coming soon
- 0:57:30 The ASUS Eee PC line is gone...
- 1:02:30 ASUS launches "Powered by ASUS" systems
- 1:08:00 Hardware / Software Pick of the Week
- 1-888-38-PCPER or firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://twitter.com/ryanshrout and http://twitter.com/pcper
Subject: General Tech | September 5, 2012 - 04:08 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: valve, source engine, black mesa, half life 3, mod, gaming
We've been waiting close to a decade for the remake of the original Half Life using the Source Engine and entitled Black Mesa. The mod project is a total rebuild of the original game, with larger areas a tweaked storyline and all of the eye candy that the Source Engine can provide. If all goes to plan we are a mere 9 days from the scheduled release on Sept. 14th and you will be able to play through until the big battle of the Lambda Core, Xen isn't quite ready yet and is still in development. We will also see new multiplayer maps at some time in the future but not quite yet. If this doesn't get your blood pumping then check out all the links at the article on Hexus and watch the trailer below. Still no news on Half Life
"The first release of Black Mesa will take place on 14th September 2012. This is a total conversion of Half Life 2 based upon ye olde 1998 classic Half Life brought up to date with an improved version of Valve’s Source Engine. The Black Mesa mod project started in 2004 following fan disappointment with the official Half Life: Source (2004) - it didn’t improve the eye candy to the full potential of the Source engine. Black Mesa will have improved graphics, more realistic physics and environmental effects, also some storylines will be tweaked and maps enlarged."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Damage Inc: Pacific Squadron WWII @ Benchmark Reviews
- Skyrim - Dawnguard PC Review @ eTeknix
- F1 2012 Preview (PC) @ HardwareHeaven
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Review @ Techgage
- PC Gaming - Then and Now @ eTeknix
- Green For Greenlight: Valve Now Charging $100 Fee @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Sleeping Dogs Review (Xbox 360) @ Kitguru
- Dust: An Elysian Tail Review (XBLA) @ Kitguru