Subject: General Tech | May 13, 2011 - 11:28 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: pcmark, benchmarking, win7
Well, for one thing the advanced tests have all been renamed to Entertainment, Creativity, Productivity, Computation and Storage replacing the older benchmark names. There will be three flavours, from the already widely available free edition, a $30 Advanced version and the $1000 Professional, with the $30 version being almost the same as the free version barring the lack of advertisements. Techgage is happy that the benchmark takes less time than the previous version as the extra time will add up after a few thousand run throughs.
"Futuremark has launched the latest version of its popular PC benchmarking tool, PCMark, and as its "7" name suggests, it's designed exclusively for use with Windows 7. A couple of notable changes were made to both the test organization of the program, and also its pricing schemes. Join us as we take a quick look to see what's been added or refined."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Call Interception Demonstrated On New Cisco Phones @ Slashdot
- Five Clever Ways To Make Dropbox More Useful @ TechSpot
- ASUS RT-N56U Dual-band Gigabit Wireless-N Router Review @ ThinkComputers
- Windows 7 malware is camouflaged using unicode filename trickery @ The Inquirer
- Nuovoyance and Samsung demo ultra-high resolution touchscreens @ The Inquirer
Subject: General Tech, Graphics Cards, Systems, Storage | May 4, 2011 - 06:43 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: ssd, everest, benchmarking, benchmark, aida64, aida
BUDAPEST, Hungary - May 04, 2011 - FinalWire Ltd. today announced the immediate availability of AIDA64 Extreme Edition 1.70 software, a streamlined diagnostic and benchmarking tool for home users; and the immediate availability of AIDA64 Business Edition 1.70 software, an essential network management solution for small and medium scale enterprises.
The new AIDA64 release further strengthens its solid-state drive health and temperature monitoring capabilities, and implements support for the latest graphics processors from both AMD and nVIDIA.
New features & improvements
- LGA1155 B3 stepping motherboards support
- Preliminary support for AMD “Bulldozer” and “Llano” processors
- Intel 320, Intel 510, OCZ Vertex 3, Samsung PM810 SSD support
- GPU details for AMD Radeon HD 6770M, Radeon HD 6790
- GPU details for nVIDIA GeForce GT 520, GT 520M, GT 550M, GT 555M, GTX 550 Ti, GTX 590
Pricing and Availability
AIDA64 Extreme Edition and AIDA64 Business Edition are available now at www.aida64.com/online-store. Additional information on product features, system requirements, and language versions is available at www.aida64.com/products. Join our Discussion Forum at forums.aida64.com.