Subject: General Tech | March 22, 2018 - 12:37 PM | Alex Lustenberg
Tagged: winml, vive pro, video, Tobii, SBX, rtx, qualcomm, podcast, pny, MyDigitalSSD, logitech, htc, G560, G513, dxr, CS900, corsair, caldigit, AX1600i
PC Perspective Podcast #492 - 03/22/18
Join us this week for MyDigitalSSD, CalDigit Tuff Drive, and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the iTunes Store (audio only)
- Google Play - Subscribe to our audio podcast directly through Google Play!
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader (audio only)
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Jim Tanous, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath
Peanut Gallery: Alex Lustenberg
Program length: 1:08:16
Introduction and Features
Corsair is a well-respected name in the PC industry and they continue to offer a complete line of products for enthusiasts, gamers, and professionals alike. Today we are taking a detailed look at Corsair’s latest flagship power supply, the AX1600i Digital ATX power supply unit. This is the most technologically advanced power supply we have reviewed to date. Over time, we often grow numb to marketing terms like “most technologically advanced”, “state-of-the-art”, “ultra-stable”, “super-high efficiency”, etc., but in the case of the AX1600i Digital PSU, we have seen these claims come to life before our eyes.
1,600 Watts: 133.3 Amps on the +12V outputs!
The AX1600i Digital power supply is capable of delivering up to 1,600 watts of continuous DC power (133.3 Amps on the +12V rails) and is 80 Plus Titanium certified for super-high efficiency. If that’s not impressive enough, the PSU can do it while operating on 115 VAC mains and with an ambient temperature up to 50°C (internal case temperature). This beast was made for multiple power-hungry graphic adapters and overclocked CPUs.
The AX1600i is a digital power supply, which provides two distinct advantages. First, it incorporates Digital Signal Processing (DSP) on both the primary and secondary sides, which allows the PSU to deliver extremely tight voltage regulation over a wide range of loads. And second, the AX1600i features the digital Corsair Link, which enables the PSU to be connected to the PC’s motherboard (via USB) for real-time monitoring (efficiency, voltage regulation, and power usage) and control (over-current protection and fan speed profiles).
Quiet operation with a semi-fanless mode (zero-rpm fan mode up to ~40% load) might not be at the top of your feature list when shopping for a 1,600 watt PSU, but the AX1600i is up to the challenge.
(Courtesy of Corsair)
Corsair AX1600i Digital ATX PSU Key Features:
• Digital Signal Processor (DSP) for extremely clean and efficient power
• Corsair Link Interface for monitoring and adjusting performance
• 1,600 watts continuous power output (50°C)
• Dedicated single +12V rail (133.3A) with user-configurable virtual rails
• 80 Plus Titanium certified, delivering up to 94% efficiency
• Ultra-low noise 140mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) fan
• Silent, Zero RPM mode up to ~40% load (~640W)
• Self-test switch to verify power supply functionality
• Premium components (GaN transistors and all Japanese made capacitors)
• Fully modular cable system
• Conforms to ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92 standards
• Universal AC input (100-240V) with Active PFC
• Safety Protections: OCP, OVP, UVP, SCP, OTP, and OPP
• Dimensions: 150mm (W) x 86mm (H) x 200mm (L)
• 10-Year warranty and legendary Corsair customer service
• $449.99 USD