A Unique Blend of Lighting and Customization
The ROG Strix Flair is a mechanical gaming keyboard from the ASUS Republic of Gamers division that offers Cherry MX RGB switches, customizable lighting with underglow effects, a unique pop-out badge that can be swapped for a custom logo or text, dedicated media keys, USB passthrough, and programmable macro support. All of these features carry a premium price tag, and with a list price of $179.99 (though our Cherry MX Red version has been selling for quite a bit less) it sits in the upper range for gaming keyboards. Is it worth it? That is always the question, and we will try to answer it here.
“Flare up your game with ROG Strix Flare – a mechanical gaming keyboard that's got everything you want and more. Feel the satisfaction of every keystroke with world-renowned Cherry MX switches. Enjoy instant access to dedicated media keys on the upper left while gaming. And experience an unparalleled level of personalization with a customizable badge illuminated by Aura Sync RGB lighting. Boast your gaming flair as you dominate the battlefield.”
Features from ASUS ROG:
- German-made Cherry MX RGB mechanical key switches that deliver satisfying mechanical feel with optimal actuation – The choice of professional gamers and enthusiasts
- Customizable illuminated badge – Boast your ROG pride or show your flair with a personal or team insignia
- Dedicated media keys and volume wheel positioned on the left for instant in-game audio control, a USB passthrough for easy connection and a detachable soft-touch wrist rest
- Individually backlit keys and vibrant underglow powered by Aura Sync RGB lighting technology
- Map macros on-the-fly to our fully programmable keys, adjust settings with enhanced ROG Armoury II software, and store profiles on the keyboard’s onboard memory
The clear insert with the ROG badge can be swapped for additonal customization
Subject: General Tech | January 8, 2018 - 09:00 AM | Jim Tanous
Tagged: RGB, CES 2018, CES, ASUS ROG, ASUS Aura, asus
ASUS today announced the ROG Aura Terminal, a controller that synchronizes your RGB lighting in real time with the content displayed on your monitor.
Similar to the many products that have long offered synchronized ambient backlighting for televisions, the ROG Aura Terminal connects to your PC's video output and then synchronizes the lighting effects of RGB strips mounted to the rear of your monitor to the colors on the screen, creating a "more immersive gaming environment." The device can also be connected to your PC's existing internal RGB lighting and ASUS's Aura Sync devices to synchronize your gaming setup's other lighting with the on-screen action.
ROG Aura Terminal is a quad-channel addressable RGB controller designed to bring gamers a more immersive gaming environment. Featuring innovative ROG Halo technology, ROG Aura Terminal enables stunning system lighting effects synchronized to in-game action. When LED strips are mounted behind a monitor, ROG Halo instantly determines the colors displayed at the edges of the screen and illuminates the LED strips with matching colors, creating a dynamic halo of lighting around the display for captivating gaming. ROG Aura Terminal can also be mounted inside the PC case and connected to Aura Sync devices to create unified system lighting effects.
The ASUS ROG Aura Terminal is scheduled to be released in the first half of the year, with pricing to be announced at launch.
Subject: Cases and Cooling | August 10, 2016 - 09:54 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: tempered glass, SSD Chroma, RGB, mid tower, enclosure, e-atx, chassis, case, bitfenix, aurora, ASUS Aura
BitFenix has announced the Aurora chassis, their latest enclosure which features tempered glass side panels and RGB lighting effects.
Both sides of the Aurora are covered by tempered glass, with the component side a clear panel, and the back a dark-tinted panel to help hide cables behind the motherboard tray.
One interesting feature is called “SSD Chroma”. BitFenix explains:
“‘ASUS AURA’ certified ‘RGB Chroma Control and SSD Chroma’ are co-developed with Asus Republic of Gamers giving you the ability to customize and illuminate the SSDs.”
Specifications and highlights from BitFenix:
- Colors: Black│White
- Materials: Steel, ABS
- Supported Motherboards: E-ATX│ATX│M-ATX│Mini-ITX
- Expansion Slots: 7
- Drive Bays:
- 3.5”: 2 + 2
- 2.5”: 2 + 1
- Front: 120mm x 2 or 140mm x 2
- Rear: 120mm x 1 (Included)
- Top: 120mm x 2 or 140mm x 2
- Component Clearance:
- CPU Cooler: Up to 160mm height
- Graphic Card Length: Up to 400mm
- Power Supply: Up to 220mm
- I/O: USB 3.0 x 2│USB 2.0 x 2│HD Audio MIC & Headphone
- Weight: 10.58kg
- Dimensions: 215 x 490 x 520mm
Highlights: BitFenix LED Lighting Controller & SSD Lighting Bracket│20-25mm Cable Management Space│Graphic Length up to 400mm│Support Dual 280mm radiator│Removable HDD cage│Removable PSU Dust Filter
Pricing and availablility for this new BitFenix Aurora are
not yet known late August and $99 US.