Introduction and Features
Earlier this year we had our first look at one of EVGA’s new SuperNOVA G3 power supplies and we were impressed – great performance at an attractive price. Today we are taking another look at a G3 power supply to see if the test results will be consistent with our original findings. We’re guessing they will.
The Supernova G3 Series power supplies are based on EVGA’s popular G2 series and come packaged in a compact chassis at an affordable price. The G3 Series uses a 128mm cooling fan with a hydraulic dynamic bearing for quiet operation and EVGA claims the G3 units offer even better performance than the original G2 models. The Supernova G3 Series is available in five different models ranging from 550W up to 1000W.
• EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G3 ($99.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G3 ($109.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 ($129.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3 ($149.99 USD)
• EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G3 ($199.99 USD)
The Supernova G3 series power supplies are 80 Plus Gold certified for high efficiency and feature all modular cables, high-quality Japanese brand capacitors, and EVGA’s ECO Intelligent Thermal Control System which enables fan-less operation at low to mid power. All G3 series power supplies are NVIDIA SLI and AMD Crossfire Ready and are backed by either a 7-year (550W and 650W) or 10-year (750W, 850W and 1000W) EVGA warranty.
EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G3 PSU Key Features:
• 650W Continuous DC output at up to 50°C
• 7-Year warranty with unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
• 80 PLUS Gold certified, with up to 90%/92% efficiency (115VAC/240VAC)
• Highest quality Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
• Fully modular cables to reduce clutter and improve airflow
• Quiet 128mm hydraulic dynamic bearing fan for long life
• ECO Intelligent Thermal Control allows silent, fan-less operation at low power
• NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Heavy-duty protections: OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, and OTP