The Dell S2330MX 23" LED monitor is advertised as a thin display but not in the dimensions most people hope. The screen body its self is a hair under 10mm thick which significantly reduces its footprint on your desk. Unfortunately for you multi-monitor gamers out there the bezel remains the same size and will interfere with your view. On the plus side, Hardware Canucks found it for sale for under $200 which makes it quite a good deal for a thin LED monitor. On the other hand, as you might guess from that low price this is a TN based display and apparently not a particularly good example as they saw evidence of ghosting and frustrating colour quality issues.
"When it comes to consumer electronics, thin is in and Dell is leading the way with their new svelte S2330MX monitor. At just 9.9mm thick it will likely be the center of attention but on paper it also boasts some great specifications as well: an efficient LED panel, full HD resolution, a great price and response times of 2ms. It sure sounds like the 2330MX has what it takes to compete with the competition but there's more to this monitor than what first meets the eye."
Here are some more Display articles from around the web:
- ViewSonic V3D231 3D Display - The Passive Approach @ AnandTech
- ViewSonic V3D231 3D-Ready 23-inch LCD Monitor Review @ ThinkComputers
- Samsung S23A750D 3D LCD Display @ AnandTech
- BenQ VW2420H @ AnandTech
- Hanns.G HL231 Monitor Review @ Tech-Review
- Samsung PN59D8000 59 Inch 3D Plasma TV Review @ Tweaknews
- StarTech.com DisplayPort to VGA Converter Review @ Tech-Reviews