Subject: Graphics Cards | October 20, 2016 - 02:14 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: amd, driver, Crimson Edition 16.10.2
AMD is expecting their new driver to arrive any moment now, in time for several game launches as well as updating some existing early access titles. You can keep your eye out for the update on their driver page or wait for your installed driver to prompt you to upgrade. Here is a quick list of the new features and bug fixes to expect.a
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.2 Highlights
- Battlefield 1
- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
- Titanfall 2
- Serious Sam VR Early Access
- Eagle Flight VR
New AMD CrossFire profile added for DirectX® 11:
- Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI
- Fan speed may sometimes remain elevated on select Radeon RX 400 series graphics products even when an application has been exited.
- Eyefinity group settings may not be retained after driver upgrade when using AMD CrossFire configurations.
- Gears of War 4 may experience an application hang when using select high resolution and quality configurations in some specific game maps.
- DirectX®12 content may be unable to launch on some older CPUs that do not support popcnt instruction.
- Battlefield 1TM AMD CrossFire profile updates for game launch.
Subject: General Tech | October 21, 2016 - 01:01 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: apple, Intel, iPhone 7 Plus
You have likely heard rumours of some iPhone 7 Plus models having network connection issues and that Intel is being blamed. The good news is that only the UK models seem to have an Intel modem, most other markets are using a Qualcomm model which does not have the performance degradation. The issue seems to cause the signal quality of Intel based models to degrade significantly more quickly as network conditions degrade when compared to models which use the Qualcomm modem. So far The Inquirer has no news on an official statement by Apple or Intel; same as the lack of response about the storage performance on lower cost models.
"iPhone 7 Plus users in the UK will be affected by Apple's decision to source modems for the device from Intel. Only models sold in China, Japan and the US come with more tried and trusted modems made by Qualcomm."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Attack on Dyn DNS service knocked Twitter, Spotify and SoundCloud offline @ The Inquirer
- Microsoft kinda did OK this quarter – but whatever, Wall Street loves Satya Nadella @ The Register
- Globalfoundries China fab put on hold @ DigiTimes
- It’s official: Unionized video game voice actors are on strike @ Ars Technica
- Tesla Autopilot 2.0: the Next Generation of Autopilot Hardware Suite @ Hardware Secrets
- Personalizing Windows 10 Anniversary Edition @ Hardware Secrets
Subject: Graphics Cards | October 21, 2016 - 05:20 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: nvidia, geforce 375.57
NVIDIA was beaten to the punch by AMD this particular cycle, today marks the release of the GeForce 375.57 driver with new profiles for BF1, Civ VI and Titanfall 2 as well as VR support updates for the same two pre-release games. If you haven't signed up for the GeForce Experience you can still grab the drivers here.
Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.
Provides the optimal experience for Battlefield 1, Civilization VI, and Titanfall 2
Game Ready VR
Provides the optimal VR experience for Eagle Flight and Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
- 2 of 2