Subject: General Tech | October 25, 2016 - 11:01 AM | Scott Michaud
Tagged: pc gaming
January's Awesome Games Done Quick is coming up, and the organization has published the schedule. As usual, most of the week is grouped together into blocks that will keep a slice of their overall viewership watching for multiple titles in a row. For a PC Gaming-friendly instance, one of the Tuesday blocks ties Doom (2016), System Shock 2, Daikatana, Half-Life: Blue Shift, and others into an FPS segment. It runs 24 hours a day for a week, and it is quite family friendly (within the limits of any given game).
For some added commentary, SpikeVegeta has posted his opinion on the whole schedule, form beginning to end. He is one of the regular announcers at various speedrun events, especially the Games Done Quick line, and he knows about all the different niches within the hobby.
Subject: General Tech | October 26, 2016 - 05:52 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: VLAN party, gaming, fragging frogs
That's right, kicking off at 10:00 AM ET, this Saturday and ending when the the last gamer drops is the 14th Fragging Frogs VLAN party. So far we have 55 participants signed up for the even in this thread; make sure to drop your name in if you have not yet. AMD has generously donated some of the prizes to be given away during the VLAN, as have Ryan and the lads here at PC Perspective. You might want to think about clearing up some space for Battlefield 1 as it is likely to be a major hit.
Grab your snacks and beverages and be prepared for a great time.
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Battlefield 1 DirectX 11 and 12 PC graphics performance @ Guru of 3D
- Battlefield 1 Video Card DX12 Performance @ [H]ard|OCP
- Premature Evaluation: Endless Space 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Scream Fortress VIII (EIGHT? Oh God, We Are Old @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- World of Final Fantasy review: Fluffy fan service done right @ Ars Technica
- The Malaysian Influence In Final Fantasy XV @ TechARP
- Wot I Think: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Civilization VI: Performance Analysis @ techPowerUp
- Civilization 6 Tweaks And Tips: Map Rotation, City Management, Remove Startup Logos And More @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Total Warhammer’s New DLC, Both Free And Paid @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- AMD & NVIDIA GPU VR Performance: Serious Sam VR:TLH @ [H]ard|OCP
- Brutal Doom 64 Gets a Trailer and a Release Date @ [H]ard|OCP
- 2 of 2