Subject: Shows and Expos | January 10, 2011 - 08:51 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
In a Go Kart facility just off to the side of a major casino in Las Vegas there were speed records being broken that had nothing to do with lap times. MSI's latest Master Overclocking Event was taking place, the latest in a world wide series of overclocking events designed to eliminate all but the absolute best of the global overclocking community.
Subject: Shows and Expos | January 10, 2011 - 05:52 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
MAKE:Blog hit CES 2011 with a different target from the coverage you have been seeing here at PC Perspective. Instead of making a beeline for the various PC hardware vendors and mobile platform resellers, they walked through Vegas with an eye out for things the DIYer would want. From companies that sell a wide variety of measuring devices through the newest in inductive-coupled charging to some interesting new input devices, you can get a look at some of the less covered exhibits at CES 2011.
"This year, MAKE/O'Reilly author Damien Stolarz (iPhone Hacks, Car PC Hacks) agreed to be our eyes and ears on the ground at CES, scoping out hardware at the show that he thought would be of interest to makers. Here's his second installment, a tour of North Hall and the International Pavilion."
Here are some more Shows and Expos articles from around the web:
SHOWS AND EXPOS
- CES 2011: Toshiba's Tablet and Glasses-Free 3D @ AnandTech
- Two CES-announced Android Phones: Huawei IDEOS X5 and Sony Xperia Arc @ AnandTech
- CES 2011: Thermaltake @ ThinkComputers
- Super Talents Sneak Peak at the Worlds First SandForce SSD USB Flash Drive @ The SSD Review
- OCZ Opens The SSD Vault at CES @ The SSD Review
- CES 2011: Hands on With Corsair’s New Products @ Hardware Canucks
- CES 2011: MSI Demos New AM3+ Big Bang Conqueror & Lightning GPUs @ Hardware Canucks
- CES 2011: Sapphire Shows Fusion APU, HD 5570 Xtend & Set Top Box @ Hardware Canucks
- CoolerMaster @ CES 2011 @ Bjorn3D
- CES 2011 Coverage Cont @ OCC
- TechwareLabs CES Coverage: CES 2011: Spotlight Shuttle PC
- CES 2011 Day 2 Coverage: QNAP | Seagate | AOC | Antec | Xigmatek @ Tweaknews
- PowerColor @ CES2011 @ Bjorn3D
- CES 2011: Razer & Crucial @ Legit Reviews
- CES 2011: Corsair Announces 2.1 Speakers, Cases and Water Cooler @ Legit Reviews
- Hot ASUS Eee Slate video demo from CES 2011 @ SPCR
- Lenovo's exciting IdeaPad U1 @ SPCR
- AMD Fusion APUs Arrive @ SPCR
- CES 2011: Hands on with the Motorola Atrix 4G @ Legit Reviews
- CES 2011: Bigfoot Networks @ ThinkComputers
- CES 2011: EVGA Dual-GPU Video Card and MSI Overclocking @ Legit Reviews
Subject: Shows and Expos | January 8, 2011 - 03:13 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Along with the coverage you have been getting from PC Perspective, there are many other sites here at CES 2011. This is a rather good thing as there are so many vendors and manufacturers represented here that there is no way that the PC Perspective team could visit them all ... though we've tried.
The Tech Report had a chance to meet with EVGA, who were showing off a nVIDIA card that can only be described as "a dual-GPU, SLI-on-a-stick video card". Drop by for a look at this monster card.
Subject: Shows and Expos | January 6, 2011 - 08:34 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Gigabyte has declared war with their new G1-Killer lineup, featuring three motherboards. At the top of the lineup is the Assassin, an Intel X58 + ICH10R board.
Click on the picture for a better version of the Gigabyte Assassin.
Subject: Shows and Expos | January 5, 2011 - 07:59 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
MSI 2011 NOTEBOOKS: SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
The G Series – World’s Fastest Gaming Notebooks
The MSI R&D team worked hand in hand with world-class gamers to develop the new G Series that truly exceeds gamers’ needs. The new, powerful GT780, GT680, GE620 and GR620 notebooks will all come packed with the much anticipated second generation Intel® Core™ i7 quad core processor, and USB 3.0 ports that enable lightening fast transfer speeds and connections with external hard drives or handheld electronics.
Subject: Shows and Expos | January 5, 2011 - 07:21 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Consumer Electronics Show, Las Vegas, NA (January 4, 2011) - ASUS today announced four new tablet computers designed for a wide range of users and applications - The Eee Pad Slider, Eee Pad Transformer, Eee Pad MeMO and Eee Slate EP121. The new models are available with three screen sizes, and a choice of either Windows 7 Home Premium or Google Android operating systems for the ultimate in mobile flexibility and productivity.
Choice is essential when selecting innovative and technologically advanced personal computer devices.
Subject: Shows and Expos | September 14, 2010 - 10:18 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
INTEL DEVELOPER FORUM, San Francisco, Sept.
Day 1 Keynote
We are live in San Francisco from the Intel Developer Forum 2010 ready to report on anything and everything we see about upcoming products including Sandy Bridge, Atom and more! Check in here for our live blogging coverage of the keynotes and other sessions!
Introduction, Brink Demonstration, Quake Live Tournament Finals Winners
The final day of Quakecon 2010 brought more gamers from the local area who were trying to get one day of gaming in before the event was over. More than 2,800 gamers played their favorite titles in the BYOC over the course of the three-day event. Those who were able to stick around for the final day were treated with a special demonstration of Brink, our PC Perspective Hardware Workshop, and the Quake Live tournament finals.
Subject: Shows and Expos | August 16, 2010 - 07:07 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
QuakeCon 2010 has ended, which means it is time to see just what PC Perspective was up to in Austin, Texas. The big news was the Hardware Workshop in which about $25,000 worth of hardware and other goodies were given out to attendees of the con and you can see a video of what took place. Some of the prizes required skill and ingenuity
to win. There was more than just the giveaway taking place and there are plenty of pictures for you to perus