Video Perspective: ECS U3N2 and S6M2 USB 3.0 and SATA 6G Expansion Cards
SATA 6G and USB 3.0 for all
With two emerging storage standards, USB 3.0 and SATA 6G (6.0 Gb/s), more and more users are going to be looking at either upgrading their motherboard or adding new accessories to their systems to support these new features. For consumers that don’t want to bother with the hassle of upgrading their motherboard or just don’t want to pay that kind of money, ECS has a couple of options available to add USB 3.0 or SATA 6G support to your current rig.
If you haven’t read about the benefits of USB 3.0 or SATA 6G, you should definitely check out our recent articles on them:
- First SATA 6G SSD Arrives: Marvell controller prototype tested!
- USB 3.0 and SATA 6G Performance Preview - ASUS brings the goods
- SATA 6G 6.0 Gb/s Performance Preview - Seagate XT drive tested
- Bringing SATA 6Gb/s and USB 3.0 to the Clarkdale crowd
- USB 3.0 displays might rival DisplayPort and HDMI
The ECS U3N2 and S6M2 add USB 3.0 and SATA 6G respectively, but not both. They use a single PCIe x1 slot for up to 500 MB/s of bandwidth and utilize the same controllers we have previously seen, used and tested on motherboards over the last several months. Check out our Video Perspective below and note that this is our first attempt at 1080p video so take a look at it in full screen and let us know what you think!!