Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E Processor Review
Specifications and Testing Configuration
Our testing configuration for this testing was identical to that used in the previous Sandy Bridge-E review.
Highest clock speed with all cores in use
Highest clock speed with a single core in use
- Intel Core i7-3930K (Sandy Bridge-E)
- Intel DX79SI X79 Motherboard
- Intel water cooler
- 4 x 2GB DDR-1866 Corsair Vengeance (running at DDR3-1333)
- Intel X25-M G2 160 GB SSD
- GeForce GTX 285 Graphics card
- PC Power and Cooling 1200 watt PSU
- Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
Core i7-3930K on the left, Core i7-3960X on the right
What are the key comparisons do we want to watch out for?
- Core i7-3960X vs Core i7-3930K - Obviously this one will determine if the much more expensive Extreme processor can really show a discernible difference from the lower priced K-SKU.
- Core i7-3930K vs Core i-2600k - Both are based on the same CPU architecture but the new Core i7-3930K has 50% more cores with 100% more memory channels and we want to know how much performance you get with all those changes.
- Core i7-3960X vs AMD FX-8150 - The AMD FX-8150 is still priced well under the Core i7-3930K but we want to see if the Bulldozer architecture has any chance here...
Get notified when we go live!